Wedding Reception Forum
Options

Cold Stone Catering

Has anyone here had this at their reception? If so, how did it go? How many flavors and mix-ins were you able to provide, or did you go with a cake instead?

If a wedding you've done to had this, what did you think? Was it enjoyable?

Re: Cold Stone Catering

• Options
    It sounds yummy for a summer wedding, however I'm not sure how it would be pulled off. Even with just a few people in front of you at the store, it seems to take forever.  I couldn't imagine it for a big event like a wedding.
  • Options
    i can't help with your questions but yum!!
  • Options
    I have family friends who own a coldstone store and I know they do catering at weddings, I don't know how every store runs it but I've heard fantastic things about it :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Joane, that's a great point - but I think the line is also a great opportunity to strike up conversations with new family members! Or maybe that's just me. =) Also, if it's going to be as casual as I'm thinking, it will be up for a while, so (hopefully) nobody will feel like they have to rush to get some.
  • Options
    That. Sounds. Awesome!! One of my friends had a sundae bar (it wasn't Cold Stone) and it was a huge hit!
  • Options
    My brother worked at Cold Stone while in high school and he went to a few weddings to help cater.  From what I remember (this was about 8 years ago) the customer selected a package (the basic was I believe 3 ice cream flavors and 5 mix-ins, and they went up from there, price was per person).  If I was a guest at a wedding and saw a Cold Stone buffet I'd be thrilled!
  • Options
    What about those nitrogen ice cream things? Where they freeze the ice cream in front of you? Pretty cool!
  • Options
    BIRTHDAY CAKE REMIX AAAAAAAH!!!!!

"Love is the one thing we're capable of perceiving that transcends time and space."

• Options
    The go-to favorite of ours is cake batter ice cream with yellow cake, cookie dough and brownies mixed in. I also thought it might be a cute idea to have a menu there with the bridal party members' favorite flavors and mix-ins. We can give them our own names! 
  • Options
    anyone have idea of costs for this? roughly? 
  • Options
    thesummerskythesummersky member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper
    edited January 2014
    I do, actually! Now this is for Sonoma. Mine's in Palm Springs, so I'm using these prices as an estimate since I'm sure the price and specific catering services vary from store to store. There are other options too, like custom-made ice cream cakes and cupcakes, and some of them turn out to be really pretty. Here's the link to the price list for Sonoma's Cold Stone.

http://www.sonomacoldstone.com/icecream.html
  • Options
    @thesummersky - awsome!  thanks!!
  • Options
    KatWAGKatWAG member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    edited January 2014

I worked at cold stone in high school. Gained 10 pounds. So worth it.

If I had known this was an option when I got married, I would have been all over this.

BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards