Wedding Vows & Ceremony Discussions

Vow renewal

For a vow renewal being held in your church (also considered being blessed by the church) do you say your own vows or say the ones that are usually done in a church services ceremony's? Also how do you omit or would you omit or change the "you may kiss the bride/wife" and the I now pronounce you husband/wife?

Re: Vow renewal

• This will be largely up to your pastor. But it would be inappropriate to say 'you may now kiss the bride,' since you are not one, or to be pronounced husband and wife.
  • I know he wouldn't say you may kiss the bride but I didn't know if he would change it from bride to wife and again with the pronouncing if he would say something worded close to that or do we say the vows he say whatever the blessing is and a prayer, then just announce the party immediately following at the hall we rented? Just unsure of how they do the cut off lol
  • I found this site that offers ceremony suggestions/wording for vow renewals (http://www.themarriageman.com/renewal.htm)

The piece below is from the first ceremony suggestion.  I think it is nice to refer to the commitment you made on your wedding day and how you are renewing those promises.

Brad and Janet, today you have renewed the promises and vows you made to each other on your wedding day.  You have symbolized the renewal of the marriage union by the joining of hands, the taking of vows, and by exchanging of rings

It is with pleasure that I conclude the ceremony of renewing the vows of marriage that joined you and forever binds you as husband and wife. Please celebrate this renewal of vows with a sign of affection…. You may kiss!

• Perfect! Thank you!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards