Wedding Reception Forum

After reception ideas needed!

We are having the ceremony on the beach right behind the hotel where we are having the reception. Everyone is staying at the hotel, including us, so there's no getaway cars needed. I was going to have everyone go back to the beach after the reception to launch sky lanterns, but that's not happening. It's illegal in the county we are getting married in. So I need other ideas. Any would be welcome! Thank you all!

Re: After reception ideas needed!

• I'm confused why you need an activity after the reception in the first place. Go to a bar and have more drinks? 

What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • This is what we did after our wedding.  H and I spread that word that we were going to X bar after the reception.  H didn't make it but I did and those that wanted to come out did and those that didn't went home.

You really don't need anything planned for after the reception.  The reception is a party and when the party is over people go home.

• We are having the ceremony on the beach right behind the hotel where we are having the reception. Everyone is staying at the hotel, including us, so there's no getaway cars needed. I was going to have everyone go back to the beach after the reception to launch sky lanterns, but that's not happening. It's illegal in the county we are getting married in. So I need other ideas. Any would be welcome! Thank you all!

Typically people do those types of things as part of a Grand Exit where the Bride and Groom then leave everyone and head off to their honeymoon or at least to a hotel separate from their guests.

Since everyone is staying in the same hotel, including you guys, there's no need for a send off activity.

Have your reception, head back to the hotel when it ends, and then just see what happens.  Maybe people will be in a festive mood and want to continue to party at the hotel bar, maybe people will want to go to bed, maybe you will want to spend the rest of the night alone with your new husband, who knows.  Don't worry about planning anything and just go with the flow that day.

"Love is the one thing we're capable of perceiving that transcends time and space."

• We rented out a villa right next to our wedding reception location where we will be staying with the bridal party. We are hosting an after party there for anyone who wants to come over and party a little more. Our wedding is ending at 8:30 though so we felt like we should do something since it would be so early.
  • After my daughter's wedding we will be having a post-reception bonfire on the beach, and will roast hot dogs and marshmallows.
  • Love the campfire idea! 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards