New Jersey
Options

Save the dates 8 months away?

Is it worth sending save the dates now for our wedding in Sept?

Re: Save the dates 8 months away?

• Options

It depends. If you have a lot of OOT guests who would have to make travel arrangements, 7-8 months out isn't out of the question. I would, however, still send the invitations at the 6-8 week mark so you can get a more accurate head count.

~*~*~*~*~

• Options
    I did about 6 months out but we don't have a lot of OOT guests and its not a destination wedding. 
  • Options
    ^ same... 8 months out, and only about 15 out of 220 guests are out of town. just did em just because :)

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Options
    Awesome! Thanks for convincing me :) I wanted to do them just because also!
  • Options
    I sent mine out around 11 months.  Someone booked their wedding the same day as me and we have over lapping guest list so I felt the need to get mine out before her lol.  I'm also getting married in May which gets crazy with other weddings, communions, proms, graduations, etc.  As I guest I don't mind getting as much notice as possible.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I am like 20 months out and I already sent mine.  I know it is way early but we have a lot of out of town guests and I was just so excited that I couldn't help myself.  We did magnets so I figured they would not get lost if people just throw them on the fridge.
  • Options
    To save myself some time I just posted our date on FB ... tacky but it'll buy me a week or two to get them printed! Anyone have suggestions on where to get STDs? Did you match to your invites or decor ideas?
  • Options
    It depends on how much you want to spend. Vista Print is a popular option, or buying simple kits at craft stores. I fell in love with a design at Invitations by Dawn that was priced within our budget and saved me the time of printing/cutting my own.
    ~*~*~*~*~

• Options
    I bought a template on Etsy and took it to Staples to be printed.
  • Options
    I did magnets from Vistaprint.  They were really reasonably priced and came out awesome.
  • Options
    We're getting ours from custom-magnets. My fiance's sister used them and they are the cheapest it seems; but I also designed my own STD and will just be sending the file to them to punch onto the magnet. If you want one that is pre-done, I'd also recommend vistaprint and weddingpaperdivas (which is who is doing our invites)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards