Favors

beach wedding favors?

Hello! I'm stuck on favors. I know they are not necessary but I like the idea of having them. We don't have a theme per say but we are getting married on the beach (ocean). I live in maine and it will be late September. I haven't been to a whole lot of weddings so I don't really know what people like vs just trash.

Re: beach wedding favors?

• When I think of Maine and ocean, my first thought is lobster.  You could easily make candy or cookies in the shape of a lobster.  Maine and Fall makes me think of apples or syrup, which could be turned into several favor ideas.

If you do favors at all, I would keep your ideas to something edible.
  • The best kinds of favours, IMO, are edible ones.  Perhaps you could get shell shaped chocolates or something.
  • Salt water taffy? Not sure if it's a Maine thing but it's definitely a beachy thing in NC!
  • Totally thought salt water taffy as well.

Anniversary
  • Ohhhh, yes! Salt water taffy is big here! Especially on the coast.
  • Salt water taffy is a cute idea!

I would also be excited about getting genuine maple syrup from a local farm in Maine but maybe that's just me. If you did that, you could do a travel-sized bottle, and a bottle in the shape of a maple leaf would be especially cute!

Think something like this, or this - or this!

Though with liquids, you run the chance that guests who will be flying in won't be able to take it if they only brought a carry-on.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards