Honeymoon Discussions

Puerto Vallarta

Has anyone honeymooned in Puerto Vallarta? If so, where did you stay? Any reccomnedations? We'd really like an all inclusive.

Thanks

Re: Puerto Vallarta

• I went to Puerto Vallarta for vacation a few years back. Honestly, I didn't care for it very much. I've also been to cabo and Cancun, and liked both of those better.
  • I went to Dreams Nuevo Vallarta in 2013 and loved it!  Nuevo it kind of a resort suburb outside of PV. We were there for 4 nights and it cost around $2300-$2400 (can’t remember off the top of my head) for the hotel and airfare for both me and my husband. Dreams is an all inclusive resort so that includes food and liquor. The resort was fabulous. Our room had an in ground hot tub on the balcony, a huge tub that can comfortably fit two, and a stand-alone rainfall shower. I believe these features come in all of the rooms but I’m not completely sure. The resort also had two pools and a hot tub in the common area. My husband and I both loved the food. Certain restaurants were better than others and for breakfast I believe there is just a buffet but we were ok with that.

The beach was nice too but I’m not a beach person and did not get in the ocean (I don’t swim). If the quality of the beach and water is really important you may not like PV because I hear a lot of people complain about that but I was loved it. We did not stay on the resort because we wanted to really see Mexico. We took the bus into PV  (if you are not comfortable with that you can take a cab) and explored the malcon (boardwalk) eating street meat (delicious and cheap) shopping at the open  market for souvenirs and just sightseeing. We planned to go back to check out the clubs but didn’t get a change to.  We spent about half a day at another local city, Bucerias, again just to sight see and pick up souvenirs. We also did an ATV excursion. Plus we ate at a couple of restaurants throughout the trip for a change of  scenery and  to get authentic Mexican food.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards