Offbeat Weddings

Zoo, anyone?

I may have to change locations and I was pulling my hair out over it and then it hit me- get married at a zoo. It would be really fun and not that much more expensive than my original venue, and it seems like they do an amazing job decorating and catering. 

Anyone do this or been to one like this? Specifically I'm looking at the MN zoo which I haven't actually been to. 

Re: Zoo, anyone?

• Not really, other than what I need to call up the venue I guess. Maybe ideas or possible concerns. 
  • The zoo is really popular as a wedding venue both where we live and where we're getting married. It probably depends on the zoo. Don't forget about the Como Zoo. I've only been to the MN Zoo, but the Como Zoo is supposed to be better. Still, the MN Zoo is cool, too.
  • Blergbot said:
    The zoo is really popular as a wedding venue both where we live and where we're getting married. It probably depends on the zoo. Don't forget about the Como Zoo. I've only been to the MN Zoo, but the Como Zoo is supposed to be better. Still, the MN Zoo is cool, too.
    That's funny you should say that. FI is from the area (Oakdale) and swears Como park is run down and in a not so nice part of town. It looks gorgeous though. I should make a trip there soon and check them both out. I just emailed both-honestly it will depend on A) if they're available and B) which one's cheaper.
  • Blergbot said:
    The zoo is really popular as a wedding venue both where we live and where we're getting married. It probably depends on the zoo. Don't forget about the Como Zoo. I've only been to the MN Zoo, but the Como Zoo is supposed to be better. Still, the MN Zoo is cool, too.
    That's funny you should say that. FI is from the area (Oakdale) and swears Como park is run down and in a not so nice part of town. It looks gorgeous though. I should make a trip there soon and check them both out. I just emailed both-honestly it will depend on A) if they're available and B) which one's cheaper.
    Yeah. I'm from about 50mins south of StP and I lived in Minny for 5 years. I never did make it over there, but I've always heard Como Park is nice. It's funny how you can live in/near a place for so long and never really venture outside of your comfort zone.
  • I've been to two weddings at our zoo, but both were inside in the aquarium part.  I really enjoyed being able to walk around and look at the fish/etc. during the reception.  We weren't allowed to wander through the entire zoo, but the polar bears were right next to the aquarium so we could go outside and see them. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards