Attire & Accessories Forum

Bridesmaid dresses timeframe? (all different dresses in one hue)

So, my bridesmaids are all getting different dresses but all in the shade of dark purple/ purple. At first I was going to have them all do the same exact color dresses just different styles, but after shopping with the girls I realized this would be much easier and I thought it looked different and fun too. As of now, 3 out of 6 have purchased their dresses. The dresses are all from either Davids Bridal or Sears... The final 3 dresses that have yet to be purchased are from David's Bridal, two of which are online only. Plus, they are currently on-sale so I don't know how long the sale will last or if they will be discontinued. The wedding is on June 28th. The last three bridesmaids are just waiting due to money. But, the issue is I just looked online and the dresses already went up in price all were between $29-49 and now they are up to $79 and that is why I helped choose the original dresses in the first place, so the girls could afford them.

What should I do about the timeframe?

Should I try to find new dresses now that are cheaper or just stick with what I have found?
When is the soonest I should tell them they need to purchase the dresses if they are online only at DB?

Thank you!

Re: Bridesmaid dresses timeframe? (all different dresses in one hue)

• Also, if anyone knows, how do I add the ticker's on here to my signature?
  • If they can pick any dress in any shade of dark purple, you don't need to be setting any deadlines. As long as they have a purple dress by your wedding day, they'll be fine, and that's on them.
  • QueerFemmeQueerFemme member
    First Anniversary First Answer 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited January 2014

Usually, online dresses at DB are in stock, and arrive in about 2 weeks.  But, that isn't a guarantee. Most BM dresses from Davids come back within 2-4 weeks.  And prices could creep up higher, or go on sale.   Also, if they are online only... they may be on the way to being discontinued (that isn't always the case, but it's possible. You may notice that some of the online only dresses have limited sizes available).

So, the short answer, is they don't have to order now, but if you want to be guaranteed to get that specific dress, they should order soon.

• I think all you can do is email your BM that haven't ordered & let the know that you noticed that some of the dresses are no longer on sale and that if the new price doesn't fit their budget anymore that you would be happy to help them go shopping to find another dress when they have the money. Beyond that, I'm not sure if there is anything else you can do.
  • my girls had davids dresses...we ordered first weekend in Feb for my June 7th wedding.  They of course tried to tell us we should consider a rush order since we were 4 months from the wedding...we declined-- our dresses were all in within 4 weeks.

Since it sounds like they can get different dresses as long as they are in the purple hue just let them know that availability may be limited since they are online only dresses so if they miss out on that dress they would have to pick something else.  In your case, they have options to get different styles in any purple color so I am sure if something happens where they cannot get that particular dress they will be able to get something else whether it be at Davids or off the rack at another store. 

Anniversary
  • Thanks you guys! Actually, I am letting them pick shades of dark purple/purple... not really light purple. And yeah they can pick it out, but I want to see it all together to make sure it goes well together. So, that image that I showed was what they had all planned to get. And I had picked out the last 3. For the most part, they get to pick out whatever they want, but, I just want it to seem cohesive to me. Like, I don't think them going to the store and just taking a picture would make it so I knew what they'd all look like together... because the dress wont look the same in the picture due to lighting and all that.

Like you guys suggested, I let them know that the prices went up on the dresses. And two out of the three at least as of now I don't think will be getting the dresses anymore because of the increase in price. So, I tried looking around online at more stores near them and I cannot really find any dresses under $50.

I'm glad to know that there is still a little bit of time though.
    Oh, another thing... These last three bridesmaids all live 3 hours away in 3 different cities so that makes shopping all at once a little difficult. We did with five out of six of them the first time around but only 3 ended up making purchases that day.
  • Thanks for letting me know! Then the three dresses I was looking at for them may be SOMETIME discontinued, the price did go up on them, but... there are only limited sizes available (the sizes they need are still there.)
  • It's not really fair to 'approve' their choices or 'look at dresses for them' if you're letting them pick. Then it comes across like you don't trust them, you know? Really, it will look fine together. My bridesmaids wore different shades of blue that they all picked individually, and they looked great together.
  • Hi @togetherforever2006! Send me a PM with your ticker code & I can update for you.

-KP

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards