Wedding Woes
Options

How has she gone so long

jojobrnjojobrn member
First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper
edited January 2014 in Wedding Woes

Re: How has she gone so long

• Options
    Ha! That was my grandmother's name, and my mother's (though she goes by her middle) and my cousin's. Sheila, that is. Not the other option.
  • Options
    Why you all up in my local paper, @jojobrn?  You better step off!

• Options
    Gawker led me to it! (Hides skin suit supplies).
  • Options

Last year, he allowed a woman to change her last name to StoneKeepTalkingTree, but five years ago he denied the request of a woman who rode a horse to the courthouse and walked in wearing a bathrobe. She said something about conducting the Last Supper and poisoning her husband afterward. She wanted to be known as Jesus Christ Lord & Savior.

“I denied that because I wasn’t certain she was fully competent,” Hoover said.

no wai

• Options

Last year, he allowed a woman to change her last name to StoneKeepTalkingTree, but five years ago he denied the request of a woman who rode a horse to the courthouse and walked in wearing a bathrobe. She said something about conducting the Last Supper and poisoning her husband afterward. She wanted to be known as Jesus Christ Lord & Savior.

“I denied that because I wasn’t certain she was fully competent,” Hoover said.

no wai

Understatement of the century.
  • Options
    I have found that many, many people don't like their names, but it's because they associate it with them selves and it symbolizes who they know they really are (or were if they went through a dramatic change), as opposed to who they would like to be. It's really a self image issue and rarely a name issue (If your last name is Bananahammock or first name Pooface you have a legitimate issue with the name).

I would bet anything there are things she hates about herself and that name to her means "A person who acts and behaves like X Y and Z"
  • Options
    That's pretty hilarious. 
    The name always reminds me of Will & Grace my favorite show. They're in the doctors office about to do IVF and talking baby names and he's like "no, I told you Sheila is a whore's name!" and the nurse turns around and says "Hi, I'm Sheila, it's ok, I am a whore" 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards