Wedding Etiquette Forum

To Give Or Not To Give NWR

My husband and I are traveling this weekend to visit his best man and his wife. The wife's mom will be there this weekend too, taking the guest bedroom so my 330 lb husband and I will be relegated to a blow up mattress for two nights. Needless to say, I am not looking forward to it. Regardless, I need a hostess gift and am in a pickle.

We have no money right now (we are visiting them on our way to the location of my husband's business trip so the company is paying for travel) as I am unemployed and struggling to find work so I need to be creative in what to do here. They don't drink so I can't give the bottle of wine we received as a wedding gift that we are saving for a special occasion, all the candles around the house have already been lit, and any lotions/bath and body works soaps I have are unsealed.

The wife is pregnant with a little girl. I have what borders on an unhealthy obsession with cats and this past fall I found an adorable pink sleeper with kitty cat ears, a sweet cat onesie/shirt, and a very cute cat bib all on clearance for super cheap. I bought them with the intent to save them for our future child because they made me giddy with how adorable they are. Granted, I am not pregnant, have never been, and if I'm able to have babies there is no guarantee I will have a girl, but the thought of giving these items away pains me. Ridiculous, I know. :(

I don't see any other solution than to give them to her as a baby/hostess gift. Can you think of anything else I can give them that I might have around the house? I don't even have $5 to go buy a candle, our financial situation is that dire.

Re: To Give Or Not To Give NWR

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards