Wedding Photography and Videography Forum
Options

Edited photos?

Hi Ladies,
I'm trying to stick to a budget so I'm just looking to get a certain amount of hours of coverage and then rights to the photos on a disc. I've come across a lot of different photographers doing this differently- some give you all unedited photos, some give you a certain amount edited, and some give you all the photos completely edited. Maybe this is a silly question but do you think I'd be able to do decent editing on the unedited ones to print them at a store or something? I feel like a lot goes into the editing when the photographer does it so I don't know if I have a ton of unedited photos they're going to still look decent.

Re: Edited photos?

• Options
    leese19 said:
    Hi Ladies,
    I'm trying to stick to a budget so I'm just looking to get a certain amount of hours of coverage and then rights to the photos on a disc. I've come across a lot of different photographers doing this differently- some give you all unedited photos, some give you a certain amount edited, and some give you all the photos completely edited. Maybe this is a silly question but do you think I'd be able to do decent editing on the unedited ones to print them at a store or something? I feel like a lot goes into the editing when the photographer does it so I don't know if I have a ton of unedited photos they're going to still look decent.

@leese19

I would avoid editing your own photos if you're not sure they're going to turn out. Editing photos so they look good take a lot of time and effort. And chances are, you're not going to want to deal with it. Go with a photographer that will give you all edited photos.
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    This is a good question without an easy answer…
    You should always ask your photog what "edited" means by their standards. Most photogs consider editing to be simple color correction. Some will edit group shots for closed eyes and things like that. Other will even skin tone and airbrush blemishes and really clean up the important bridal shots that will be printed large.

If the photo is a quality image and doesn't have major issues - closed eyes, the need to remove/ add things - you could probably do the editing via the place you print the photos. This is  a risky venture tho if you don'y know what you are doing, or how good the images will be in the original state.

You can easily crop photos, but otherwise I would get a photog that does all the other editing - color correction, eyes in important group shots, blemishes in bridal shots you will print.

Editing is an art, and not all photog are good at it. it's not the easiest skill to develop, and I wouldn't risk it is I was you.

GL! :) 
    :kiss: ~xoxo~ :kiss:

• Options
    thanks for the feedback!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards