Chit Chat
Options

Oh lord

The Dear Prudence gem of the day...

Q. Accidental Deliberate Pregnancy: My son and his wife always wanted children, but they kept delaying child bearing each year because of various reasons. I was so disappointed because I knew they were ready for kids and would make excellent parents. When they stayed at my house for a few weeks during their home renovation, I found some condoms in their room and decided to poke hole into a few of them. I didn't seriously think it would result in a pregnancy, but it did. They were happy, I was happy, and as I predicted, they are now wonderful parents. I do wonder, though, whether I should come clean about the circumstances of my grandson's conception. I feel a little guilty, even though it's resulted in such a happy outcome. On the other hand, maybe it wasn't even the holey condoms, maybe they just forgot to use it one night. Should I confess?

A: You say you poked holes in the condoms, Grandma, but I'm going to poke holes in your story. I think that this young couple would have noticed when they went for a condom that the wrapper had been ripped open. I doubt they would have concluded, "How thoughtful of Trojan to pre-open the condoms to save us time while in the throes of passion." At least you didn't say that you picked a used condom out of the trash, put Ambien in the couple's dessert one night, then used a turkey baster to inseminate your daughter-in-law. I rarely get questions I think are fake, and when I do I discard them. But here's an example of one I'm not buying.

Re: Oh lord

• Options
    Wow...that is just hilarious. I suppose she could have done it without opening the wrapper though considering pins exist.
    My thoughts exactly.

It makes you wonder what other sneaky things this woman has done to control their lives.

• Options
    Given comments my FMIL has made in recent weeks, this story really scared me. :)
  • Options
    My FMIL keeps asking for grandkids. She is staying out the freaking bedroom. 
                                 Anniversary
    imageimageimage

• Options
    And this is why you have a back up birth control method...
  • Options
    That is wrong on so many levels.  And thought my MIL buying us baby clothes was intrusive enough.  I would disown her if I found out she pulled a stunt like that.

Anniversary
  • Options
    oh wow.... this is scary... 

I would never forgive my mother if she did something like this.

how creepy and intrusive!!

• Options
    It's beyond creepy, and I'm pretty sure could be done without opening the package. That's like a bad Lifetime movie about an overbearing mother-in-law.
  • Options
    drmrs2014 said:
    Given comments my FMIL has made in recent weeks, this story really scared me. :)
    @drmrs2014

I know my FMIL wants us to have kids so she can have grandkids that live close (we live about 40 minutes away which is close when you compare it to 10 hours or 16 hours). Luckily we have cats and she doesn't like them (might even be allergic) so if she ever came to our house she would be watched like a hawk because it would be a "hmmmm" flag to me. And no mother should be in a married / soon to be married person's bedroom.
  • Options
    And this is why you have a back up birth control method...
    @firebabe6519

Exactly. My fiance and I use condoms but I also take birth control every day too just because you never know.
  • Options
    For some reason the movie Monster in law comes to mind when I read this....
  • Options
    Has this woman been reading VC Andrews? 'cause this totally seems like something one of her "controlling mother" characters would pull!
    imageDaisypath Friendship tickers
  • Options
    I'm reminded of the Law and Order SVU episode where John Stamos guest starred as the playboy with the God complex who would deliberately poke holes with a needle through the wrapper and condom so the thing would break in an "oops" and he'd get women pregnant on purpose.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards