Wedding Woes

Shield Watchers

http://www.sltrib.com/sltrib/entertainment2/57462732-223/episodes-sltrib-fans-gregg.html.csp

I'm interested to know how many of the "fans" are disappointed in the series b/c of lack of crossover with The Avengers and how many are just peeved b/c it sucks?  I mean really, I don't know enough about the comics to care about The Avengers and I always figured there wouldn't be much crossover (can't really see RDJ coming in to do a TV show, y'know?).  I just can't connect with any of these characters, they're boring and stereotyped.  The only ones I like are Fitz and Simmons.

Re: Shield Watchers

• Maybe. I think the show is just disappointing in general. The writing is just weak, and Skye needs to go. I still love me some Agent Coulson though.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I have stopped watching, and it wasn't the lack of clear crossover that did it for me - it was how the show repeatedly insulted my intelligence. 

My tipping point was the "explanation" for how they revived Coulson.  "We did surgeries."  Surgeries on a dead body don't bring it back to life.  "We did LOTS of surgeries, and they hurt him a lot."  Surgery does not work that way; what did you do?  "We did lots of surgeries, and moved heaven and earth, whatever that means.  Basically I think we cut up a corpse in a futuristic-looking way, and really wanted it to work, really hard."  No.  No, no, no.

I would have forgiven them absolutely everything if that futuristic robot thing zapping Coulson's brain had been restoring the cellular electrochemical gradient that is the difference between life and death.  They wouldn't have even had to explain it that much, just that, that sentence I just said right there.  But no.  Those were robot surgery lasers, doing surgeries on a corpse while everyone stood around and wished really hard.  After half a season of building this up as a mystery, this was their explanation.  Either they think their audience is stupid, or they are stupid and genuinely don't realize that what they just did right there is a bunch of nonsense.
  • VarunaTTVarunaTT member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its First Answer
    edited January 2014
    Oh man, that thing was just laughable.  I was expecting Coulson is really an android and OMG he can feel or something.  But just, this robot thing zapped you?  Was it an alien technology or something?  I wondered if flower dress girl was going to reveal he was linked to Centipede or something cool.

Sh!t, I apparently could be writing this show better!

ETA:  Skye's parents' story has also been a big reveal dud.
  • I didn't hear much about them, just that they... died?  And Skye caused it somehow?
  • Well, we don't know about Skye's parents.  She was an "object of unknown origin" that Shield has been protecting all along.  2 agents found her as a baby and were protecting her, then realize that everyone who knows about the baby is being killed.  They put her into the welfare system as protection and the female agent was later killed.  May and Coulson found all of this out when they tracked down Lumley, the male agent.

I will say, May telling Coulson that she and Ward were sleeping together was funny.
  • Coming right out and calling her an object is kind of funny in a sad way.
  • I could never really put together why just finding her was of any interest to the Shield agents.  Like, you just find a baby and b/c you don't know where it's from, it's special?

Then they tried to make it this thing like she thought she'd been alone, but really she'd been part of the Shield family all the time.  And I kept thinking...they didn't just lock her in the Sandbox like all of the other objects, huh.

Dud.
  • Right.  Because people who know a baby, any baby, are usually granted immunity from the embrace of Mr. Death.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards