March 2014 Weddings

Reception Seating

We are going to have a few tables marked as "Reserved" for immediate family but other than that we aren't have assigned seating at the reception. Should I still make table numbers or table names? I don't want the buffet line to get clogged up and I know you can ask the DJ to announce for tables to get up and get food. Thoughts? What all did you ladies do?

Thanks for any and all input! Can you believe we are all getting married next month?! It's gone by so fast!

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Reception Seating

• I would say assigned seating is the best.  I have my tables set up by family.  I'm trying to group people who know each other together, so that there isn't any awkward situations.  I'm staggering his family and my family every other table.  Table numbers are a must.  

I would say that you should do the assigned seating.  That way, people have tables and when it's time to go up for the buffett, you can call each table one at a time.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
    Michelle & Ronald
    01/03/81
    06/18/81
    08/25/10
    05/07/13
    03/15/14

image172 Invites sent
    image 132 adults and 3 kids are party animals
    image 40 are party poopers
    image 0 awaiting reply
    Need 8 adults to make minimum.  Eek.
  • I'm not assigning any tables at my wedding, other than one table for both of our parents and our bridal party.  I say let peoplel mix and mingle.  Besides if there are people there that don't like each other, I'm pretty sure they will avoid each other on their own.  But I'm a pretty laid back bride and so are our families.  So I'm avoiding seating charts at all costs.  I may perhaps "name" the table so that it makes it easier for food coordination, but that's as far as I will go.  good luck!
  • I am with soontobemrsbuccheri on having assigned seating. I thinkit would be chaos and awkward without it. Imagine being a single person and having to sit with an entire table of strangers bc that's the only seat left. Ugh, uncomfortable.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • LisaA2014 said:
    I am with soontobemrsbuccheri on having assigned seating. I thinkit would be chaos and awkward without it. Imagine being a single person and having to sit with an entire table of strangers bc that's the only seat left. Ugh, uncomfortable.
    I agree. FI and I went to a wedding when we first started dating that had open seating. He was a GM and sat at a head table. I knew absolutely no one and had to find my own seat. It was uncomfortable and awkward. 
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Thank you ladies for all of your input! It has been a huge help :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards