South Carolina-Charleston

In a tight spot!

I have been planning my wedding since July for where I live but we ran into some major financial issues! Now our budget is downsized more than half so we are thinking about coming to Folly Beach to elope. Instead of a big wedding and reception with 100 guests, we want a simple ceremony with no more than 25 people. We vacation at Folly every year so I know parking is iffy. Our ceremony is at 7:30 p.m. ( low tide) so we know we can find beach space. My issue is, we cannot afford to get a beach house for a week. Our budget is a tentative $500 so I am at a loss of what to do! Does anyone have any suggestions how we can make this work? We have a minister and photographer so that's not a problem but lodging is!

Re: In a tight spot!

• Why do you need a beach house for a week? Are you paying for everybody's lodging? I would suggest just taking care of a hotel/rental car for yourselves. You can get hotel blocks for your guests. If you and/or your guests stay outside of Folly and get rental cars you can potentially save a lot on a hotel. If you must have a beach house then maybe you can go in with some of your wedding party/family? 
    I live in Charleston and am getting married on Daniel Island. I have 4 hotel blocks around town. Most of my guests are either staying downtown or in Mt. Pleasant and renting a car. 
    Best of luck!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • We have decided to give up on the beach house! After talking to everyone involved we have decided to stay in North Charleston and drive to Folly :)
  • I'm glad it worked out for you! You'll have a great time :)

Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards