Attire & Accessories Forum

Having Second Thoughts about Dress

I bought a dress back in the fall and won't see it again for a few months because of how long it takes for it to come in after ordering.

I'm now having second thoughts - I look at pictures of myself in it and wonder if it is really my style, etc.  Part of why it is difficult is that I only have 2 pictures of myself in it and can't find any real bride pictures of it online so it's hard to remember really what it looks like in person.

I found a shop near me that carries the gown (I bought it out of state near where the wedding will be) - do you think it's a good idea or a bad idea if I go try it on again to see if I still like it.  On the one hand if I really have changed my mind I'd like to know now when I still have time to get something else.  On the other hand, if I wait I will basically have to make myself like it when it comes in because I won't really have time to get something new.

Any advice would really be appreciated!  Should I go try it on or just try not to worry abou tit until it comes in?

Re: Having Second Thoughts about Dress

• You could try to remind yourself why you loved it and trust that you made the right choice. That being said, you may not be able to stop thinking about it. I know I have a tendency to over think things so if I were in your shoes I'd try it on to make sure I still loved it. Good luck!!
  • I would definitely go try it on again. The waiting would drive me crazy. 
  • Go visit the dress and remind yourself why you loved it. 
  • remind yourself if needed.  I know when I looked at pics in my dress I was not always a fan-- but who looks good after a day of trying on a bunch of dresses!  I just remembered how amazing I felt in the dress and could not deny the smile on my face so I never doubted it for a second.

If you think you will stress about it, go try it on. Maybe do your hair and makeup nice so you feel and look good and fresh. 

Anniversary
  • Right after I decided on my dress, the shop owner said "remember how you feel right now, and don't stare at the iPhone photos" because the photos don't do any dress justice in store lighting and you have to remember how excited you were when you had it on!
  • Great advice @Mitch617!! I completely agree!
  • remind your self why you loved it. remember the sample sizes are stretched worn and tried on by hundreds of brides. some samples are tight on you and others are big on you the coloring may be off from the sample being around for a while.

when your dress comes in it will look 10xs better than the sample trust me on that
  • Thanks ladies! I appreciate it. I'm going to not go visit it and just try not to stress until my actual dress comes in and I see how I like it when it's fitted to me.

Appreciate all of the support!

• I agree!! Think back to how you felt when you first put it on, and that you trusted yourself then that that dress was YOURS and perfect for you! Best of luck. :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards