Knottie Tech Help

Notifications

How come we don't get notifications if someone quotes us? I don't want to hunt down every old thread I commented in to see if someone quotes me and is expecting me to respond.  Why wouldn't it treat quoting me the same as tagging me in a thread using the @ sign?

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Notifications

• How come we don't get notifications if someone quotes us? I don't want to hunt down every old thread I commented in to see if someone quotes me and is expecting me to respond.  Why wouldn't it treat quoting me the same as tagging me in a thread using the @ sign?
    @blueeyes90

Are the quotes you're not getting maybe because people are spelling your username wrong? They may be spelling it as blueyes90 instead of blueeyes90

Just a thought
  • hlvonb said:
    How come we don't get notifications if someone quotes us? I don't want to hunt down every old thread I commented in to see if someone quotes me and is expecting me to respond.  Why wouldn't it treat quoting me the same as tagging me in a thread using the @ sign?
    @blueeyes90

Are the quotes you're not getting maybe because people are spelling your username wrong? They may be spelling it as blueyes90 instead of blueeyes90

Just a thought
    I get notifications when they use the @ sign. I don't get notifications when they straight up quote me. Like I just quoted you in this post.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • hlvonb But now I am tagging you and you should get a notification. 

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Schatzi13 said:
    My working theory on this has to do with an inability for the tagging system to read a tag when there is coding between the "@" and the username.

The tags only seem to work when there is no formatting between the "@" and the username. Typing a tag, for example, seems to work consistently.

If someone copies and pastes a username, the result is formatting between the "@" and the name. These tags do not seem to work.
    oh I think I'm getting notified when people tag me, but not if they hit "quote" on my page. That doesn't seem to be a feature. I was thinking it should be a feature. If someone quotes my post, they are clearly responding to something I wrote so I'd like to be notified so I can respond back if needed, otherwise I may never see it.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards