Wedding Invitations & Paper

When did your RSVPs come back?

I mailed my invites out mid-December, and the due date for the RSVPs is in a week. I've received less than half back. When did you get yours? I'm starting to panic a little

Re: When did your RSVPs come back?

• There is typically a rush just prior to your due date. Many people won't actually mail them out until the due date. Wait about three days AFTER the RSVP date before following up on missing responses.
  • I got a bunch the first week, mostly from the people who I knew where definitely becoming. After that 1-2 would trickle in daily until the last week when we got a bunch again.
  • I am waiting for the huge rush as well. We have 2 weeks left until the RSVP date and are still waiting on responses for over 60% of the guest list. My married friends have assured me this is the norm, as other PPs have said. Even being the norm I find it frustrating and stressful. But mainly I think people forget and the invites are sitting in a pile of mail somewhere. Although going to the mailbox has become quite exciting, I love seeing those little envelopes in there :) I've already had multiple people ask me if they really do indeed need to send the RSVP card because "I know" they are coming. Seriously? How do I know you are coming unless you tell me directly or send the card? Who knew sending a RSVP could be so hard! lol
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • It surely is frustrating! RSVPs were due today. I didn't get a single one in the mail today. Still waiting on like 30 of them.
  • We got a big rush, and now it's in the trickle stage. Granted we sent them out last month, a little earlier than the 2 months to go mark, which apparently is crazy early to most people around here. We had family members tell us that we should have waited another month to send them....which seems a little crazy to me.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards