New Jersey
Options

wedding insurance?

Hi everyone, I just came across an article about buying wedding insurance. Has anyone bought it, could recommend some options to check out? Is it even worth it, in general? I was looking at some packages around $400 to cover approx. $75,000 covered by Nationwide... Any advice, experiences would be very welcome!
Thanks!
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: wedding insurance?

• Options
    Hi! I bought wedding insurance.  My parents insisted upon it as they are graciously paying for our wedding. I am in the insurance industry myself, so this is something I probably would have bought anyway even if they didn't insist.  We ended up getting a policy backed by Travelers called the Wedding Protector Plan.  They have different levels of coverage at different price points. You can see all the options on their website. We bought it through FI's insurance agent, but you can easily buy it yourself online. I think it is worth it just for the peace of mind.  While I hope it's not needed, it's nice to have, just in case some disaster happens like Sandy part 2 (hope not!) - it will help with the extra costs you might incur to say, rush a new dress to you if your dress shop goes under or is destroyed or something.  Worth it to me!
  • Options
    Awesome, thanks for the information, really great to know. 
    I also definitely agree with you. 
    My parents are also graciously paying for our wedding, however, I am the first that is marrying and to be honest, I don't think they would have even thought of this. But, thanks to the lovely ads on TK, I looked into it a bit more, and it seemed pretty logical, I think planning will be that much less stressful knowing you are covered in even the most dire of situations! I am also going to take a look into the Wedding Protector Plan :)

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    We haven't purchased ours yet, but we are definitely planning on buying it. We're spending way too much money to not protect the "investment". Heaven forbid one of us gets sick or injured, we wouldn't want to add insult to injury by losing all that money that could be be used towards whatever emergency we're facing.
    ~*~*~*~*~

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards