Not Engaged Yet

Fun WR Questions

The afternoon is dragging here and I'm exhausted....

What was your something borrowed? If you haven't gotten married yet what will be it? So far I've got nothing for my something borrowed. I asked my mom about something that might work but she has nothing really.  I may ask FMIL.

What cake flavors did you have at your wedding, or what are you going to have?

What was the best wedding cake flavor you had as a wedding guest?

Amuse me!

Anniversary

Re: Fun WR Questions

• What was your something borrowed? If you haven't gotten married yet what will be it? I'm not planning on following this tradition, at least not intentionally. We'll see if someone tries to lend me something.

What cake flavors did you have at your wedding, or what are you going to have? As I've ranted about before, we are planning on having a spice cake as our wedding cake. We'll see, though; one bakery told me they didn't have spice cake, but that they did have apple cinnamon chai cake and pumpkin maple cake. I'm honestly guessing we'll end up with spice cake anyway, but I can't wait for THAT tasting.

What was the best wedding cake flavor you had as a wedding guest? I don't remember most of the cake I've had as a wedding guest. As an adult, I've been to 4 weddings. The first one, I don't remember the cake (but I DO remember the salad; it was delish). Second one was my brother's; the cake had 4 different flavors, but by the time I got a piece, they were out of two of them. I ended up with strawberry shortcake, and it was ugh. I think the options were that, a lemon-y layer, a chocolate layer, and a carrot layer. Future brother-in-law's wedding, they did cupcakes; don't remember what kind I had. The wedding I went to in October had a DELICIOUS cake; I'm planning on asking what the flavor was when I see the bride next.

Anniversary
    now with ~* INCREASED SASSINESS *~
  • cu97tigercu97tiger member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited February 2014

What was your something borrowed? My MIL let me borrow one of her mother's rings and my dad let me borrow one of my grandmother's rings. The left in this picture is DH's grandmother's, the one on the right is my grandmother's. After the big day, MIL told me I could keep the one she'd lent me. She didn't want to tell me before, because then it wouldn't be 'something borrowed.' :)

What cake flavors did you have at your wedding, or what are you going to have? We had two layers of red velvet with a cream cheese filling, and two layers of white almond infused cake with maybe chocolate filling? I forget all the details, but it was delish.

What was the best wedding cake flavor you had as a wedding guest? Chocolate fountains that you can dip rice krispie treats into. YUM. Oh wait, that's not cake? Oh well.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

"You are made of win." -SopChick
    Still here and still fabulous!

• The afternoon is dragging here and I'm exhausted....

What was your something borrowed? If you haven't gotten married yet what will be it? So far I've got nothing for my something borrowed. I asked my mom about something that might work but she has nothing really.  I may ask FMIL. My CW is letting me borrow her earrings that she wore at her wedding. They're from a really nice boutique nearby and I always wanted to wear something from there, but it's way out of my budget.

What cake flavors did you have at your wedding, or what are you going to have? I have no clue yet, I'm going to sample what the bakery has this fall. I know I don't want fruit fillings. I don't like it, and no one in my family does. If we end up getting like 3 tiers (which I doubt because of the size of our wedding) the middle tier I'll do a fruit filling so guests can have that choice.

What was the best wedding cake flavor you had as a wedding guest? When my friend got married her MIL got a wedding cake from a bakery in the middle of the city here, some hole in the wall place and it was SO GOOD. It was very basic, buttercream frosting, vanilla cake and vanilla filling (like pudding) but it was soooo good. She ordered too much so the WP (moi) got to bring some home, we were eating it for days.

Amuse me!

Wedding Countdown Ticker

image 59 Invited
    image 36 Yes
    image 2 No
    image 21 Unknown
  • Something borrowed:

A bracelet made by @hellotarra that I borrowed from @elle1036. It was printed with "expecto patronum" and wrapped around my bouquet. You can click here to see it.

Cake Flavor:

Nutella buttercream filling on white cake for two tiers, chocolate cake with vanilla buttercream filling on the other tier. 

Best wedding cake I've had:

My own. The nutella filling was amazing! And I got to eat a ton of it. 

Second best cake is a tie between my cousin's wedding cake and Elle's grooms cake. I can't tell you the flavors, but I know they were good!
    --------------------------------------------------------------

"You're our early 20's BSC scarecrow. They cower at your maturity." - lennonkdc Anniversary
  • minskat30minskat30 member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited February 2014

What was your something borrowed?

I don't know that I had a something borrowed, actually.  Wait, my friend brought be flat slippers I said I didn't need (because I had "broken" in my heels).  I was dying in my heels about 3 hours in to the day and I definitely took her up on the flats after H and my first dance.

We had two cakes.  One was chocolate with peanut butter frosting (gluten free and regular versions since I wanted a bite of the cake).  One was a traditional Danish cake (a Kransekake) which is sugar, almonds and egg whites essentially.

I think I liked ours the best but I'm biased.

Edited to say @audrewuh - your cake sounds amazing!

• @cu97tiger - we had chocolate fountains at my senior prom. It was so much more fun than dancing! 

@buddysmom80 - I'm with you on the fruit filling. That never even crossed my mind as an option, unless it was fruit flavored icing!! Cake should be all about how much sugary goodness you can get into it. 

@minksat30 - it was!! I was really upset all 8 leftover pieces didn't survive the week we were gone on our honeymoon. A couple of the top pieces dried out. :( The hotel put forks in the to-go boxes with the cake and we didn't realize it until we got home. NEW FORKS! 
    --------------------------------------------------------------

"You're our early 20's BSC scarecrow. They cower at your maturity." - lennonkdc Anniversary
  • @cutiger97 the rings they you borrow are so nice, unfortunately there is no "nice" jewelry to borrow on my side of the family. 

@audrewuh the nutella buttercream filling sounds so incredbily good!

At FI's cousin's wedding last summer they had a chocolate fondant with a chocolate and cayene pepper cake with a chocolate mocha filling, it was to die for....

I just scheduled my cake tasting and design for the end of April. I wish it were tomorrow.

Anniversary

• What was your something borrowed?

My something borrowed was my grandmother's pearl necklace that my grandfather gave to her as a wedding gift and my Oma's pearl earrings also from my Opa from their wedding. I got to keep both which makes me so happy so I can pass them on someday to my daughters. 

Oh man did we love love love our cake! We had two flavors. The 1st and 3rd layer were amaretto cake with raspberry filling and white chocolate mousse. The 2nd and 4th layer were bailey's chocolate cake with chocolate ganache. So yummy!

I honestly can't remember any wedding cake flavor's standing out in my mind from past weddings. I think H's cousin's cake was pretty good...it was strawberry from what I remember.

• What was your something borrowed? If you haven't gotten married yet what will be it? So far I've got nothing for my something borrowed. I asked my mom about something that might work but she has nothing really.  I may ask FMIL.

I borrowed a ring from my grandmother to wear. I didn't plan that out ahead of time, there are just so many things to figure out for a gosh darn wedding day. I was over it by then. But my bridesmaids helped me gather things at the last minute. I had never seen or noticed that particular ring before, but I appreciated my grandmother's push to let me borrow it from her. And I like how it looked in pictures. ha 

Lemon cake with raspberry filling for the bottom two tiers and the top tier was something else I forget. Confession: that entire top tier is sitting in my freezer right now.

I don't know that I have ever thought about it. I love all cakes.

• @tuarceatha go defrost that cake and it eat it this weekend ( would it still be good?) don't let cake go to waste.

Anniversary

• What was the best wedding cake flavor you had as a wedding guest?

I want to tell you the best and the worst. The best wedding cake flavor I've ever had was a spice cake at BF's cousin's wedding. The worst cake I ever had was a raspberry cake with raspberry filling at my friend's wedding. It should have been a really good cake, but raspberry is such a delicate flavor and they hadn't put nearly enough in.
  • ShallowSeasShallowSeas member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    edited February 2014
    What was your something borrowed?
    I'm not sure yet.  I would like to borrow a pretty, antique brooch for my bouquet from either my FMIL or my grandmother. We'll see.

What cake flavors did you have at your wedding, or what are you going to have
    We haven't met with a bakery yet - that's next month.  I'm not a big cake eater so honestly, I haven't even thought about it. Something yummy though with a yummy filling. And definitely butter cream
    It was a 4 tier french vanilla cake...one tier was raspberry filling, one was chocolate pudding filling, and one was lemon filling.  The other tier was plain.  I had the raspberry and tried my friend's chocolate one...they were amazing.
    Anniversary

• @Peaseblossom55 haha I'm very curious to find out if it is still "good". I've seen the box a hundred times and only this week realized it is there. Like it became so familiar I didn't really even think about there being wedding cake in there. (I've been married 1.5 years. Yea, get grossed out.)
  • @tuarceatha not grossed out at all. It couldn't hurt to try it out!  But in fair disclosure I'll come up with any excuse to have a piece of cake!

Anniversary

My garter.  That was something old and borrowed.  Every woman in my family since my grandmother has worn that garter on her wedding day.

The cake we cut into was vanilla with buttercream and raspberry filling.  Our cupcakes were Boston Cream, Vanilla Coconut, and Blueberry Cheesecake.

I'm biased, but the Vanilla Coconut cupcakes at my wedding were the best ever.

• What was your something borrowed? If you haven't gotten married yet what will be it? I don't think I'm going to follow this tradition so I probably won't have something borrowed.

What cake flavors did you have at your wedding, or what are you going to have? I'd like to have cupcakes with a few different flavors. I would like to have carrot cake as a flavor because it's my favorite!

What was the best wedding cake flavor you had as a wedding guest? There aren't really any that stick out in my mind as being amazing.

I borrowed a hair comb from my friend which she wore in her wedding. 

Is it bad that I have no idea? I honestly cannot remember. 

Red velvet at my cousin's wedding. It was from my favorite bakery near where I grew up. 

• edited February 2014

The afternoon is dragging here and I'm exhausted....

What was your something borrowed? FMIL has told me she has a necklace that has been in her family that I could wear. I have no idea what it looks like though. 

What cake flavors did you have at your wedding, or what are you going to have? Our wedding isn't until next June but we already know we want cupcakes. Lemon will definitely be one of the flavors because we love lemon. FI loves red velvet- I think I might get him a red velvet groom's cake

@loves2shop4shoes, those cupcakes sound freaking amazing! i want 1 of each right now

i really never remember the cakes

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards