Ok I am a bride who REALLY jumped the gun on planning my wedding. I have been planning for nearly 2 years (We aren't good at saving, so we need to plan as we pay... especially with no help from our parents).
Anyway... My fiance and I picked a venue we really liked. We reviewed their website liked their packages and prices. From the pictures we saw we thought it was pretty and suitable for our event. The week before our appointment to walk the venue, there was an electrical fire and it was wrecked. That was February of 2013. It took for ever to rebuild because they have to rewire the whole place, so we never got to see the venue. The planner whom I had been communicating with for a couple weeks wanted to meet with us to see if there was any chance of us still signing. She promised the venue would be open by October, and if we booked then we could get the pre-renovation prices. So we found the perfect menu, and package, signed on and gave her a check for $1000.00. We spoke with her 3 more times fist time was to let her know we were sending in another installment, second time was to meet up and make a game plan of our wedding day and make a payment, and final time was her contacting us to let us know that she has resigned as the even planner and someone else was now in charge.... O.o
So I call the country club where we are going and can't get a hold of the new guy. Never calls me back but at least someone said the ball room and sittingroom wouldn't be open until December. December comes and its finally opened they have a Christmas party for their patrons at the beginning of the month, then close for 3 weeks for the holidays. Its now February first and I haven't been able to get a hold of anyone. No one answers the phone, or email... and I don't know what to do. My fiance and I still haven't seen the venue... the last time I got a hold of someone the waitress who answered the phone was kind enough to text me a few pictures... but thats it. What makes me nervous is I am 3 months out and our ceremony location fell through and I need to find a way to have my ceremony and reception in the same room... and I have no idea how that is going to happen. Is it normal not to hear back like this? Am I just over reacting? I am just super stressed.. Things haven't gone according to plan so far with a few things and its starting to get me freaked out. 2 bridemaids bailed (my sisters no less), my wedding band comes in 1/4 size too small and I am gaining weight due to stress and poor decisions, and like I said my quaint little town hall built in the 1800s bailed for a ham and bean supper....
Comfort, advice and quit-yer-bitching is welcome.