Pre-wedding Parties

What if your FMIL wants to throw a Bridal Shower too??

My fiancé (and his family) and I (and my family) live almost 2 hours away. My sister is my MOH and will be throwing me a Bridal Shower but my fiances mom and their pastors wife want to throw me a Bridal Shower as well. His family would be invited to the shower by my family and vise-versa. Bu I don't want my family to be offended or irritated by his mom throwing me a shower as well so I'm not sure what to do...

Re: What if your FMIL wants to throw a Bridal Shower too??

• My FMILand sister both really wanted to host showers for me and they are about 3 hours apart. We're just not having any overlap on the guest lists other than my mom, sister, and FMIL. I would suggest doing that, then no one will be upset about being invited to two showers.
  • Jen4948Jen4948 member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    edited February 2014
    Let them both host showers for you.  There is no rule limiting you to one shower-the only rule is that the same guests should not be expected to give gifts at more than one shower.  Just make sure there is no overlap in the guest lists.
  • Yeah, just split the guest list.

Anniversary
  • Why would your mom be offended by your FMIL throwing a shower for her side of the family? 

• When I went shopping for my wedding dress it was me, my mom, sister, two aunts, my grandma and my FMIL. I found the dress, we all went to dinner and then evryone went home...later that night my mom told me that she was hurt that I invited my FMIL to go dress shopping and she thought it would be a fun thing for our family. (even though her being there took nothing away from my family and if anything I think my FMIL would feel out of place b/c my family is so close) But I am just nervous that my mom will have the same reaction to my FMIl wanting to do a shower as she did to the dress shopping. :/

• Your mom shouldn't feel jealous of your FMIL. Let her know that she is your only mom, and you love her, but you need to make room in your life and your wedding plans for your FMIL. I think it's nice that your FMIL wants to welcome you into her family by throwing a shower for you. It will also be convenient for your fi's family members to attend a shower closer to their homes.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards