December 2014 Weddings

December 31st, 2014 Wedding/EXTRAVAGANZA

Hello Everyone,

So yes, I am newly engaged and of course I have been planning this wedding in my head since birth...lol.... But seriously although I thought I would have everything down packed I think I may need some more realistic opinions. My head is literally spinning with ideas, so Please HELP!!!!!!!

Ok I will tell you guys what I am thinking of and then we can go from there:

Ideally I would love a weekend type wedding with festivities and parties to entertain all my guests. Well NYE is a Wed. next year so the festivities will start from Monday night and ends Thursday Morning (after the hangovers of course). I would like to have it in the Pocono mountain; I am in search of venues that has overnight accommodations and has discount skiing or tubing tickets. I have cut down my list t0 200 people and I am almost positive I will have more. My colors will be Turquoise (bridesmaids), Black (ALL GUEST), Silver/Light Gray (Groomsmen).

The itinerary will go as follows: Monday night guest arrive and settle in and we will host a meet and greet party in the night. Tuesday will be a scheduled activity, weather it being skiing, tubing, snow boarding or snow mobile riding. Tuesday night will be the rehearsal followed by a winter BBQ (I know it may seem weird but I have talked to a venue that can do it). Wednesday during the day will be a restful day because we will be partying the night away.

I would love to follow this schedule for the actual day:

Ceremony: 9pm-10pm

Cocktail: 10pm-10:50pm

Reception: 11pm-12:30am

After Party: 12:30am-3am

ok my fellow brides I need your help. If you can suggest venues that would be great and also any additional ideas you may have will also be helpful as well. I can be a bit extra sometimes so please bring me back down to earth (Nicely :).....). I appreciate all your advise and opinions.

Re: December 31st, 2014 Wedding/EXTRAVAGANZA

• I don't knw if it is too late to correct you ona few things but hee goes nothing:

It is not relstic to expect your guests to "celebrate" with you for four days and three nights. A wedding is a one day event. Some people will have to work. This may be something you could offer for your wedding party if they all agree. Also, if you do offer this for guests or yor wedding party then you need to make sur you are paying for EVERYTHNG (rooms, tickets, meals, and any extra stuff you decide on).

You also can't tell your guests what to wear to your wedding, that's rude. Adults know how to dress themselves and will be offended if you tell them what to wear. The turquoise and gray does sound nice for your wedding party though.

Personally I think 9:00 pm is too late for a ceremony, especially if there are children in attendance. You will absolutely need to feed your guests prior to this so that they aren't starved.

Again, I think you are expecting too much from your guests. Realistially, 200 people won't be able to take that much time off work. And some people may not like the idea of attending a wedding that late on NYE and would rather be with their friends and family or just at home relaxing. I might offer that you just do your ceremony earlier and then a reception. And then for those who want to stick around have a NYE, ball-dropping, champagne sipping party.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards