Connecticut

Reasonably Priced Invitations

Hi! :)
Can anyone recommend an online site for cheap invitations? The cheapest I've come across is about 80 for 100 invitations. Is that just the going rate now everywhere or am I missing some resources? 
Thank you!

Re: Reasonably Priced Invitations

• I could use some help too! Thank you!
  • We're doing ours either by buying a kit at a craft store and printing our own, or ordering on Vistaprint. Depending on the coupons available (sign up for an account and the discount codes will start pouring in, or check on retailmenot.com), you might be able to beat $80 for 100.  Is the $80 including inserts (i.e. reply cards) and envelopes? Either way, that's a pretty good deal.

We used Vistaprint for our save-the-dates and they had great pricing and I can't say enough about how happy I was with their customer service. The quality was fantastic as well. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I'm DIYing my invites through a kit I bought at Hobby Lobby in East Haven. I bought 25 invites with a 40% off coupon and paid $19 for them so they ended up being .76 an invite.

Wedding Countdown Ticker

image 59 Invited
    image 36 Yes
    image 2 No
    image 21 Unknown
  • my brother did my save the dates for me i am printing them and sending them out and spending around 60.00 for everything
  • $80 for $100 invitations sounds like a great deal to me.  Mine were pricey (around $7 each) but they were beautiful and exactly what we wanted so for us it was worth it.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • CTYankeeBride - 80 for just the invitations... no inserts. :/
  • dolzallc said:
    CTYankeeBride - 80 for just the invitations... no inserts. :/
    That's still not bad for the non-DIY route.  Vistaprint has 5x7 invites for $11.24 for 10 right now (so $112 for 100) without any inserts if that helps put it in perspective.

The more I think about it, the more I'm leaning toward DIY (either a kit from Michael's or the like, or I can design my own and print on card stock).  I only have 45 to make though- 100 plus inserts would steer me immediately in the direction of ordering them from somewhere. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • this may sound weird, but have you thought about staples? If you can design it, you can submit a job, they are pretty cheap and do a really good job. My friend who works at one of the large-order print places designed mine. They came out fantastic! I did a double-sided invite with no inserts, RSVP online. Its worth a shot...
  • edited February 2014
    I did mine through David's Bridal - and they actually had a lot of options, heavy card stock, raised printing, etc, and they are ALWAYS having a sale.

We got 100 invites (flat ivory card on their heaviest cardstock) with double envelopes, lining, thermography, printed return address, addressed fronts, an RSVP post card, and thank you cards for around $250, so we were pleased with that.

* Plus I got away with a forever stamp and no extra postage b/c I didn't have tons of pocketed pieces, inserts, etc.
  • theres a place in hartford on frankln ave called marrellas they do invites favors and such and resonably priced if you spend 100 or more with them you get your favors at wholesale price

http://marielladecor.com/

my cousin used them and she said they are amzazing
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards