Texas-Austin

Hair and Makeup recs needed

Hey everyone I know this gets asked a lot, but the knot is messing up and won't even let me scroll back through pages. 

I need your hair and makeup rec please. I need to book these last two things.

Thanks!
118 image
Not caring about missing RSVPs because there aren't any rocks!

Re: Hair and Makeup recs needed

• edited December 2011
    I'm using Maggie Bosworth, she works with MMC Makeup artists. Her prices were good for myself and my bridesmaids and I liked what was included: airbrush, false eyelashes and a touch up kit. I met with her and really liked her personality. Here's their site: http://www.marismalonecalderonweddings.com/index.html#/home/ the rates on the site have increased slightly, but still not bad!
  • edited December 2011
    I booked with Keep Austin Gorgeous.  I'm going for a super glam look, so they were the only place I could find that could do this.  Plus the girls that work there always look amazing, so you know they've got talent.
  • cryalex24cryalex24 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    i also booked Keep Austin Gorgeous..
  • edited December 2011
    I'm using Rhea McCarter. She is amazing and one of the most reasonably priced MUAs I found. For hair, I was originally planning on using Liz at Edelweiss- I had a trial with her and she is great; however, my dad's girlfriend, Renee Rezae from Simply Irresistable Salon, offered to do my hair for the wedding, so I decided to go with her.
    planning bio
    "My favorite color is fluorescent beige."
  • edited December 2011
    Does anyone know if any of these people travel? I am hoping to have someone fix me up on-site vs. trying to maintain the look while melting in the summer sun.
    ME: 30 DH: 30
    TTC #1 since 3/2010
    DX: Unclear-potential MF (low motility, borderline count); currently unexplained
    Ultrasound/HSG- Feb 2011
    Lap: May 2011
    Clomid/IUI Cycle #1: 6/2011
    Clomid/IUI Cycle #2: 7/2011
    Clomid/IUI Cycle #3: 8/2011
    9/2011 Switched REs...and more testing
    DX: Unexplained- borderline MFI
    IVF #1: 11/09/2011- BFP!!
    Beta #1: 241; Beta #2: 666
    Ultrasound scheduled for 5w6d
    Baby girl born 8.14.12
  • edited December 2011

maggie bosworth does travel. i think most of them do either for a small fee or for free.

• SarahPLizSarahPLiz member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I just had a consulation and makeup application with Creative Edge Bridal (www.creativeedgebridal.com) this morning. Jenny was great, very personable, and very good with the makeup. I am going to sign my contract with her next week. She does travel.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • MnMShawMnMShaw member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Tracy McCaskill tracymakeup@gmail.com
    Blog
    TTC #1 since February 2011
    BFP #1 1/14/12 EDD 9/24/12 m/c at 8w4d on 2/20/12
    March 2012- Dx with PCOS, started metformin
    July 2012- SA completely normal
  • edited December 2011
    KAG does travel for a fee, but their studio is so neat that I decided to just host the bridal luncheon there.
  • edited December 2011
    I also used Keep Austin Gorgeous.  Brizy was a little on the flaky side when I was booking, but on the day of the wedding her team finished hair and makeup for all 10 of my bridesmaids right on time and everyone looked great!  And, like chloetutor said, their studio is so cute!

I know that LucieMarie is a team of makeup and hair artists that travel, and have gotten good reviews here.  I had trouble getting them to return my calls and emails, so I didn't end up going with them. 
  • jenn.atxjenn.atx member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I loved my hair and makeup with Angela Parker at LucieMarie and she travels.  I have seen some posts about her being hard to get in touch with, but she was out on maternity leave for a while.  I never had any trouble getting in contact with her through email and I thought she was FABULOUS... she was even able to interpret what I wanted, since I couldn't quite put it in words!  : )
  • edited December 2011
    I own a private studio that specializes in Makeup and Nails. Please visit http://www.gemininails.com. I have several reviews on yelp, google, and yahoo. I was nominated for Best Makeup Artist People's Choice for the Austin Fashion Awards 2009.  I am actually running a special today at http://www.dealon.com for a discounted makeup application. I alos have packages that you can create and i can give you a quote for your bridal party.

Melody Lasseter
    Gemini Nails and Makeup
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards