Rhode Island

Venue help!!!!

Why is this so difficult??? I'm looking anywhere from southern RI to southern NH for wedding venues, but would love something beachy in RI. I've only been engaged for a few weeks, but I've learned already that weddings are SO expensive. We will have appx 100 guests and want to keep the entire cost under $15k (which sounds impossible). Is this doable? Would appreciate any ideas for venues. Thanks!

Re: Venue help!!!!

• We are using the Rotunda at Easton Beach....it is anywhere from $3,000-$4,000 to rent but includes tables and chairs.  You get to choose your caterer so that allows you to find less expensive caters.  I am having a Saturday night wedding there with open bar for 175 guests and my total budget is around $20,000 so with 100 guests, should be doable.  You can get married on the beach there and the ballroom is a blank canvas...good luck!
  • In Response to Venue help!!!!:
    [QUOTE]Why is this so difficult??? I'm looking anywhere from southern RI to southern NH for wedding venues, but would love something beachy in RI. I've only been engaged for a few weeks, but I've learned already that weddings are SO expensive. We will have appx 100 guests and want to keep the entire cost under $15k (which sounds impossible). Is this doable? Would appreciate any ideas for venues. Thanks!
    Posted by rachelnjimmy[/QUOTE]

It took me awhile to find my dream venue too so don't feel rush (unless you are planning to get married on a really short time frame) but 15k is do-able, just takes a good deal of time and planning. Like another knottie, I also got married at Easton Beach. I also had an open bar for 185 people and a wedding for under 24k. You might need to compromise a bit on the date or day (A Friday or Sunday Night wedding over a Saturday) You should also check out Kinney Bungalow and North Beach Club House. There's also Shelter Harbor Inn in Westerly right next to the beach. Gailee Beach Club also host weddings too. btw you can host a wedding ceremony with a small donation to Rose Nulman Park and get married Kinney Bungalow.I am sure there are other venues out there that might not be on the radar, you just need to do a bit more digging. 

• Thank you ladies - these are all good ideas! I've heard a lot about Easton and Kinney. Has anyone seen Bristol Harbor Inn or Herreshoff Marine Museum? They both look unique and probably cheaper than Newport. They look nice from pictures but I have no idea about pricing. Thanks!!!
  • I looked at Herreshoff! I can't believe I forgot it. It was my second choice! I had a destination type wedding because most of our guests were from out of town and since it was on memorial day weekend, we choose Newport. It was around the same price range as Easton Beach Rotunda. My husband was also not sold on a tent wedding. 

• Rotunda at Easton Beach is great for the money and you can get married on the beach.  I always recommend uplighting in the main ballroom to help dress up the room.  Let me know if you need any recommendations on a DJ with Uplighting as it's always cheaper to combine those two services with one company.  Normally the DJ I use was $1300 to $1600 with uplighting at that venue.
  • I am doing Eastons Beach on a Sunday - coming in at under 12k for 100 guests so far. 
  • MrsB1122MrsB1122 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2013
    I highly recommend Quidnessett Country Club. I'm looking for a knottie who wants my July 5, 2014 date because we had to postpone ours...we have re-booked with them for another date because I can't pass this place up. This venue is really awesome. I, like you, had trouble finding a venue. Not only does this place have amazing views of the bay, it does NOT have a site fee. The min is $7300 for a Sat in the smaller ballroom and $10300 for the bigger one. You can definitely keep under your $15k budget with the smaller ballroom. Our July date is for the smaller one but we've since upgraded to the larger one since we'll have more time now to save for it.The minimums might be lower depending on if you're off peak or not. I loved the smaller one..it holds 200 so your guest count is perfect. Ask for Lorraine...she is amazing and really easy to work with. I can't recommend this place enough....oh, and the food is very reasonable in price too!

I made a whole spreadsheet for Quidnessett's food so I can stay under budget. For example for 100 people you can do:
    Surf & Turf @ $39.95 = $3995
    Apps $3305 (app's are not expensive here so this is a lot of food)
    All taxes = $2180
    Total cost = $9460.80

Hope that helps! Good Luck!
  • If you're open to being on any body of water, not just the ocean I would check out Cafe Nuovo in Providence (I've heard wonderful things about weddings there) or even Waterman Grille. They're both gorgeous restaurants on water, that are able to host weddings.

• Also Look into The Village Inn, in Narragansett. It's right across from the Narragansett town beach. and they will work with any budget. Plus they didn't have a site fee, everything was a per person price which I loved.. Hope this helps

• @RIBride2015 are you going with Village Inn? I am looking into it, but would like to get more info, while I wait for them to contact me back. 
    hallunscripted.blogspot.com
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards