Wedding Party
Options

Help! Need bridesmaids dresses for sizes 0-3X ???

Hi girls. So right off the bat, I'll say that I'm not into David's bridal dresses and have ruled them out.
That said, I really need help figuring out a store that would carry my color (mint green) and the sizes of my girls (7 girls, smallest a 0, largest a 3x) and a store that would be in multiple states, since my girls are spread out. I would like something flowy looking and it can't be strapless. Are there any gem department stores out there that I'm missing? Thanks, ladies!

Re: Help! Need bridesmaids dresses for sizes 0-3X ???

• Options
    Why are you anti-Davids? My girls ranged from size 0 to size 24. And, FYI, bridesmaids dresses don't come in "3X". You could try Nordstroms or Alfred Angelo...but, myself, I'd much prefer Davids. Nordstroms will be really pricey, in my opinion.
  • Options
    Are you opposed to telling them the color and length and letting them find their own dresses? And if so, why?
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    I was against David's bridal, but it is in the price point of my BMs.  Make sure you check with your BMs, individually, to know how much they can afford to spend on a dress.  I had to go with David's Bridal because my girls wanted long gowns, and it would be impossible to find one in navy in a light summery fabric in the size ranges.  Some of their dresses look pretty decent (especially their short dresses). Alfred Angelo is a step up from david's bridal.  That being said, most woman don't want to shell out too much money on a dress they will only wear once.  I think it is highway robbery to charge $150 for a one-day dress for someone else's big day.
  • Options
    Try DEB dress shops. That is where I got my BMs dresses. They are less expensive than DB and have a large and beautiful selection.
  • Options
    Thank you for the suggestion :) 
  • Options
    Sorry, I am not familiar with bridal sizing. I just went by what her size is in street clothes. 

As for having them pick their own dresses, that's great for some people, but my color is mint green and there are so many different shades of mint green out there, there's no way they would all match. I know the mis-matched thing is in, but I prefer matching. 

I am anti-David's because I don't like any of the dresses they have available, lol.

I ended up finding some lovely dresses on Etsy that can be custom made for each individual girl. Thanks for the suggestions!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards