June 2014 Weddings
Options

Alternatives to Sparklers

My venue is very strict on what we use for the send off....some things that they won't allow include birdseed, sparklers, rose petals, bubbles....Please help with any suggestions

Re: Alternatives to Sparklers

• Options
    Is going to night, or will there still be daylight when you leave? If it will be dark, you could use glow sticks. If it will still be light outside, what about a butterfly release?
  • Options
    I've seen people use wooden dowels with ribbons attached- the colors of the ribbons usually match those colors of the wedding.  I could see why they would have issues with birdseed, sparklers and rose petals, but why bubbles?

Anniversary

• Options
    I've seen people use wooden dowels with ribbons attached- the colors of the ribbons usually match those colors of the wedding.  I could see why they would have issues with birdseed, sparklers and rose petals, but why bubbles?
    This is what we are doing--ribbon wands.  No mess, no clean up.  It is a very cheap & easy DIY too.

ahyatt87 said:
    Is going to night, or will there still be daylight when you leave? If it will be dark, you could use glow sticks. If it will still be light outside, what about a butterfly release?
    Please, if anyone is thinking of a butterfly release, be sure to get only local, native species that are "in season" (so to speak) that are not placed into artificial hibernation.  Otherwise, you are just sending them to their death and creating an environmental hazard.
    20130121-125529.jpg 
      Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I have no idea about bubbles. She said last week that she doesn't want the clean up on the birdseed, etc....I am going to have to ask why not bubbles?? My guess is because people might throw the things that the bubbles come in down on the ground and she doesn't want her crew to have to pick them up but wouldn't you think that they could do the same thing with the rest of the things that are "approved".
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards