Attire & Accessories Forum
Options

Can I sport "MRS." attire before the wedding?

I found this gorgeous shirt that says MRS. across the front in rhinestones. I LOVE IT! Is it wrong to wear it before the wedding? I keep seeing things that say Mrs. Smith est. 2015 for girls to wear before they're married. I'm getting those too. But I REALLY love this design and would love to wear it out for drinks with the girls. It's so sexy! Can I pull this off?

Re: Can I sport "MRS." attire before the wedding?

• Options
    Diamante Machine Cut Crystal SMALL Mrs Rhinestone Sparkle Bling Dolman Batwing Off-Shoulder Bridal Shirt
    This is the shirt.
  • Options
    It's cute.  Random people won't know if you're married or not.  I probably wouldn't, because I don't want to rush the anticipation of actually getting that title in 2015!  :)

• Options
    The only time I would wear a shirt like that is the day of the wedding and on the flight to the HM.  I would never just wear it out and about because that just seems weird.

• Options
    I love it! I think you should wear it whenever, to me it's no different than wearing those "Bride" or Soon-To-Be, things etc. Go for it!

Also, where did you get it?? :)
  • Options
    I wouldn't wear it until you were actually a "Mrs.".    
  • Options
    monkeysipmonkeysip member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its First Answer
    edited February 2014
    I wouldn't wear it before you're a Mrs., and like Maggie, I wouldn't just wear it out on a normal day even after I was married.  Maybe that's just me.

H and I had Mr and Mrs. shirts, but we only wore them out to the theme parks we went to on our honeymoon because hey, it's totally okay to be cheesy at disneyland!

ETA:  I think the "soon to be..." or "bride" shirts are ok for showers/bachelorettes.  But not "Mrs" because you're not a Mrs. yet.  I'm also just not super into things like that that draw a lot of attention.

SaveSave
  • Options
    You're not a Mrs. I wouldn't wear it until you are. And ditto PP. I don't know anybody who would wear that just out randomly, but if you like it, you should at least wait until you are married.
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • Options
    I would side eye the hell out of this. Like Maggie said, you'd only catch me in this the day of the wedding and on the flight to the honeymoon.
  • Options
    I found it on Etsy. And thank you for the responses. I wouldn't wear it out on an everyday basis at all. I ended up finding one that says "soon to be MRS" and decided to get that one instead.

My best friend had a fitted burnout sweatshirt with "future mrs" on the back that she wore whenever she was running wedding errands. I thought it was sweet. So I'm already getting one like it. I wanted something a more sparkly for other times.
     :)
    Thanks again!
  • Options
    If you really like the shirt, I say buy it but save it for after the wedding. When you can't wear your "future mrs" one.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards