Chit Chat
Options

NWR Tampon Packaging

For YEARS, I have been buying tampons that are packaged by absorbancy and color. Purple for lite, yellow for regular and green for super. So imagine my disdain when I popped open a new box of tampons to find that they are now ALL YELLOW. They are marked for absorbancy with tiny little letters (L, R, S) that are dispersed between the fancy little yellow flowers on the packaging. I hate it - it just makes it hard to easily figure out what level of absorbancy I am getting without carefully examining the packages.

Why you gotta be creative with my feminine product packaging?

(side note, I know fully that I am probably overreacting to this but I do not like change.)

Re: NWR Tampon Packaging

• Options
    That is annoying...  I don't usually buy the multi-absorbency packs so I haven't noticed, but that doesn't sound like a smart packaging move to me.
    photo composite_14153800476219.jpg
  • Options
    Wait, what? All yellow??

That would throw me right off. I use Regular most often, but do need Super at times, and I rely heavily on Yellow vs. Green. If I opened it up and it was all yellow,, I'd definitely think it was a full box of Regs (which I often have on hand, too, since I use them more frequently).

• Options

Wait, what? All yellow??

That would throw me right off. I use Regular most often, but do need Super at times, and I rely heavily on Yellow vs. Green. If I opened it up and it was all yellow,, I'd definitely think it was a full box of Regs (which I often have on hand, too, since I use them more frequently).
    So, they are white with yellow decorations all over them - flowers and swirls. Sounds like you and I have the same sort of tampon needs, which is why this is incredibly annoying.
  • Options
    sarahufl said:

Wait, what? All yellow??

So, they are white with yellow decorations all over them - flowers and swirls. Sounds like you and I have the same sort of tampon needs, which is why this is incredibly annoying.
    Yeah, I would not be pleased with that. I know it seems like a little thing, but those little annoyances add up, and if I grabbed a Regular on a day when I needed a Super, I'd be pretty ticked.

Out of curiosity, which brand is this?

• Options
    Tampax did this to me. I swear to god, I know stand in the tampon aisle for a good 10 minutes before I can find my regulars. Why make it so fucking difficult to read?
  • Options
    sarahufl said:

Wait, what? All yellow??

Yeah, I would not be pleased with that. I know it seems like a little thing, but those little annoyances add up, and if I grabbed a Regular on a day when I needed a Super, I'd be pretty ticked.

I believe they are Playtex? I usually buy either Playtex or Tampax depending on what Target has on sale.
  • Options
    Tampax did this to me. I swear to god, I know stand in the tampon aisle for a good 10 minutes before I can find my regulars. Why make it so fucking difficult to read?
    Because prettiness/cuteness out weighs the need to provide information in an easy fashion.

Because using cute packaged covered tampons/pads so makes your period 100 times better!

• Options
    I only buy the boxes of regular. But the thing that annoys me is that I buy the large boxes (labeled "JUMBO", so I'm like, "wait are these regular?" And still stare at the box for 10 minutes).
  • Options
    I do not buy assorted packs, but if I did it would annoy me.      

What differentiates an average host and a great host is anticipating unexpressed needs and wants of their guests.  Just because the want/need is not expressed, doesn't mean it wouldn't be appreciated. 
  • Options
    sarahufl said:
    sarahufl said:

Wait, what? All yellow??

I believe they are Playtex? I usually buy either Playtex or Tampax depending on what Target has on sale.
    NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! I only buy Playtex because I hate that Tampax only opens sideways and not all around, like a flower -- it makes Tampax more uncomfortable to remove (for me, anyway).

• Options
    If it's this confusing for us, imagine all the poor boyfriends/fiances/husbands who suck it up and go to the store for feminine products to be faced with this confusion. 
  • Options
    If it's this confusing for us, imagine all the poor boyfriends/fiances/husbands who suck it up and go to the store for feminine products to be faced with this confusion. 
    Yeah, that doesn't happen in my family.

What differentiates an average host and a great host is anticipating unexpressed needs and wants of their guests.  Just because the want/need is not expressed, doesn't mean it wouldn't be appreciated. 
  • Options
    lyndausvi said:
    Same here.  Not that H wouldn't get some if I absolutely needed them and couldn't do it myself. But why send him to the store where he has to stare at a wall full of different tampons and pads and then try and pick out the right ones knowing that he will most likely fail miserably?  I would just rather do it myself so that I get what I want the first time.

• Options
    lyndausvi said:
    Same here.  Not that H wouldn't get some if I absolutely needed them and couldn't do it myself. But why send him to the store where he has to stare at a wall full of different tampons and pads and then try and pick out the right ones knowing that he will most likely fail miserably?  I would just rather do it myself so that I get what I want the first time.
    I use Kotex super-plus-plus.  No other brand works for me.   But they are hard to find, I'm not going to send him on a wild goose chase if it's not available.    I normally keep a good supply around just for that reason.   I actually just bought a few boxes for the move so I have time to search out a supplier in CO.  Not really sure what my options are going to be in a mountain town. More than like it will be a non-issue, but I'm going to prepared!

• Options
    Ugh Tampax Pearl did this to me! 
  • Options
    lyndausvi said:
    lyndausvi said:
    I use Kotex super-plus-plus.  No other brand works for me.   But they are hard to find, I'm not going to send him on a wild goose chase if it's not available.    I normally keep a good supply around just for that reason.   I actually just bought a few boxes for the move so I have time to search out a supplier in CO.  Not really sure what my options are going to be in a mountain town. More than like it will be a non-issue, but I'm going to prepared!
    I usually buy my tampons on Amazon. I have Prime and they are always on sale. I live in NYC and stuff like that can be stupidly expensive in drug stores, so Prime is the way to go for me. You may want to just look on Amazon if you have a very particular kind you like!
  • Options
    I'm a Prime girl.  Just never thought to buy that stuff from Amazon.  I will look into though.  I definitely order more online then ever before.

• Options
    Oh, you should start buying household goods on Prime! I never thought to do it either, but laundry detergent is often really cheap, tampons, toilet paper. A lot of times they have coupons or BOGO deals.
  • Options
    I work from home so it's good for me to get out of the house and buy stuff at an actual store.  I will see what my options are in CO and go from there.  

• Options
    lyndausvi said:
    I work from home so it's good for me to get out of the house and buy stuff at an actual store.  I will see what my options are in CO and go from there.  
    Depending on where in the state you're moving, you might be surprised at the number of options (that's where I went to high school so I lived there for a few years).  I don't send my husband out for feminine products, but I know some people who do and they get so confused.  I coupon so emergency trips don't really happen around our house.
  • Options
    Oddly enough, I just asked FI to pick me up a box while he was out getting food for dinner.

Kotex regular. The plus is uncomfortable. I also like U by kotex, but I realize it's just mostly more money for more marketing and a slightly smaller unopened tampon.

Anniversary
  • Options
    If they're going to change up the packaging, could they change it up so opening them isn't just as noisy as opening a candy bar wrapper?  
    I believe there are a few kinds that have slightly quieter wrappers. U by Kotex may be one of them, and there's a Tampax one (I think) that has a quieter wrapper and tabs halfway down so you could peel it open like a pea pod instead of peeling like a banana from the top.

• Options

chibiyui said:
    Oddly enough, I just asked FI to pick me up a box while he was out getting food for dinner.

Kotex regular. The plus is uncomfortable. I also like U by kotex, but I realize it's just mostly more money for more marketing and a slightly smaller unopened tampon.
    I use to be regular girl, then I got old.  Cycles went from trickles to Niagara falls.  Getting old sucks.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards