Ohio-Northeast
Options

catering question

effiek91effiek91 member
5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper
edited January 2014 in Ohio-Northeast
So I finally am finding some places that allow me to bring my own food. I have an uncle who owns several restaurants in the Columbus area who has offered to cook me all my food, I just need to transport it up to the venue. Does anyone have an experience with having a catering company cater an event where the food is already provided, and does it cost any less when you don't need them providing the food? I really just need a handful of people to make sure the buffet and cookie table stays stocked I won't be having a sit down dinner. I am looking at stark county for my reception, either canton or Louisville at the moment.

I have been to weddings before where the family and close friends took care of all the food and stocking etc. (and I know my family would do the same), but I have also seen how these people can often become stressed out and not enjoy the reception 100% because they are worrying about stocking, filling etc. I want all my guests to have a carefree and good time, so I really don't want to have them "cater" the reception.

I apologize if this question is on the wrong board, it involves the reception so I thought this would be the best place for it. Thanks!

Re: catering question

• Options
    edited January 2014
    I work for a lady that has a company that might be able to help out. Not sure though if she goes to youngstown. Her business is called "An extra pair of Hands" and her name is Christine and her number is 440-463-2455image. Tell her Erika referred you. What we do is when people are having events where they need extra help, you figure out how many people you need help for and we come in and do the work. For example, a graduation party, we'll make sure the trays of food stay full & beverge coolers are stocked, go around cleaning up plates (and wash if necessary) and make sure the trash is emptied as needed. The only thing we don't do is the cooking, this allows the host of the event to go spend time with their guest and relax and at the end of the evening the host doesn't have to worry about cleaning up either, because it's already done.
  • Options
    @erikan73 wonderful! Thank you for the contact info.
  • Options
    @erikan73 wonderful! Thank you for the contact info.
  • Options
    If you are looking for a place where you can bring in your own catering I would look at places like VFW, Knights of Columbus, or Eagles clubs. They usually just rent you the room for a few hundred dollars and you supply all your own stuff.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards