May 2014 Weddings
Options

Monday Progress Update - 02/17

Ok it's that time again ladies! I didn't get as much done this week as I had planned. Saturday was the first decent weather day we've had in weeks so I swear everyone in the state was out shopping and running errands so everything took forever. What I did get done though:

- Booked ceremony musician
- Picked out and ordered BM's dresses
- Picked up a couple things from Ulta for my make up trial (the girls at Ulta were super rude bitches BTW)
- Finished buying everything I need for the rest of my DIY projects
- Ruled out a couple of centerpieces after I saw them in person so now I'm down to just two options
- Made all of my weekly mani/pedi appointments so I can start getting my nails in shape about 6 weeks before the wedding

How about you guys?

Re: Monday Progress Update - 02/17

• Options
    I made an appointment for cupcake tasting for Wed.  Thats it.  I also talked to my older brother (our officiant) about some minor details but that is about it!
    Anniversary
  • Options
    Haven't done a whole lot....
    I've been working on addressing the RSVP cards. So I've got a few more I'll finish up today. I'll probably start putting stamps on too (super slow progress, haha).
    Today I'm working on cutting apart silk flowers to put into centerpieces. And will start assembling them.
    I'm going to call and set up a trial for my hair today as well.
    There's a blizzard here today... So I'm nicely stuck inside to get a bunch done :)
  • Options
    Snow is on its way here. Joy.

We did our dessert tasting on Saturday! 8 kinds of cake, 5 kinds of macaron, and a glitter doughnut :)  Everything was ridiculously delicious, and I'm super excited about the choices we made.

My first fitting has been scheduled for next Saturday, so that's fun!

I'm also starting to think about music for the day, because I'm way behind on that. I don't even know what I want to walk down the aisle to!

Our invites are being printed, and I need to send her a spreadsheet with the guest addresses so she can print our envelopes, too. We also added a few things to our registry this weekend.

Finally, I'm changing my mind about my hair. I have NO idea what I want anymore. All I know is that I either want up (ie: ponytail, as discussed previously) or all down -- nowhere inbetween. Other than that, I'm stuck girls :(

• Options
    Didn't get much done either this week, but I'm still making progress. -booked the dog sitter for the wedding night -started to fill out couple questionnaire for the officiant (soooo difficult thinking of what to say about FI!) -started to go through my stuff and move things into my FI & mine's apartment (been living between there and my parents house, so I'm now trying to move everything from my parents, but a lil bit at a time since it's a lot of crap I have lol) -confirmed with the ceremony musicians that they can play that Christina Perri song "A Thousand Years" for my song to walk down the aisle to, and they said yes!!! eeeeeee!!! -NWR: we went to Ikea and got a cabinet to use as our towel/sheet storage so now I'm really ready for shower gifts lol -from Ikea I got the frames I've been looking for to make/complete the "Meet the Maids" project I want displayed at my shower (http://www.pinterest.com/pin/305259680962207323/) -I also got hangers from Ikea to make personalized hangers for my bridesmaids to use with their dresses. I just used some rub-on letters (ran out f numbers though, so I used an oil-based sharpie paint pen). I also made one for myself with a monogram style of what my new initials will be!
    Anniversary

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Weight Loss Tools

Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    I'm doing that "Meet the Maids" idea from Pinterest as well @ArtTeacher23! :)
    And I LOVE those hangers! That's a super cute idea! Can I ask were you got those letters/numbers from?
  • Options
    Ordered my veil
    Dropped the invitations off with the calligrapher
    Started working on table numbers
    Started working on card box

My first shower is Saturday - so excited! :)
  • Options
    @kellibastien Thanks!! I got the letters/numbers from AC Moore, however that brand they don't carry anymore (found it on a whim in the clearance bin a few months back) so I wa kinda bummed when I went today to try and get more numbers. But for 4 of the hangers I used an oil based sharpie paint pen (very thin tip) to try and match the font and it worked beautifully (sketch out in pencil first, then draw over with paint pen, when dry you can erase any pencil showing)....I wished I had done it all with the paint pen!
    Anniversary

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Weight Loss Tools

Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    Booked the cake tasting for next Friday
    Bought the cake knife from Michaels with a 50% off coupon :)

Not much lol
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    -finished addressing rsvp envelopes
    - paid cake deposit
    - bought some misc decor items
    -agreed on final quote with caterer

This is cathartic! Just when I feel like I haven't accomplished much, listing it makes me realize I did!

• Options
    -Invitations are put together.
    -We found an apartment!!!!!!
    -Had the final meeting with our priest last night.
    -Ordered earrings for my bridesmaids.
    -Ordered flower girl dresses on Saturday.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Continued working on DIY votives.
    Ordered centerpiece lanterns.

Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards