Attire & Accessories Forum
Options

Gray Suits for Groomsmen

Hi, all, I was hoping you could give a new bride-to-be a bit of advice. My FI has his heart set on gray three piece suits. I think these will look good on our groomsmen and go with our understated romantic/elegant vibe and blue/green color scheme. The problem, of course, is that it appears impossible to rent gray suits from anywhere. Tuxes are available to rent from all of the usual suspects, but my FI isn't a big fan of the satin lining on the lapels and would much prefer a simple three piece suit. Does anyone have any advice on where I might be able to look for suit rentals? Thanks in advance for the help!

Re: Gray Suits for Groomsmen

• Options
    doeydodoeydo member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited February 2014
    As long as it is within the groomsmen's budgets, it is fine to just buy grey suits.  Or, have them wear whatever suits they already own.
    ETA a random word I missed
  • Options
    You can buy a suit for about what you'd pay to rent a tux, and a gray suit is a great investment—it's classic and neutral. In fact, some of your groomsmen might already own one! Check Macy's (or your local department store) and Men's Wearhouse, and keep an eye out for sales or coupons.
  • Options
    Will do - thanks to both of you!
  • Options
    If you have a K&G near you, they frequently have sales (like 2 for $150 or 3 for $200), and you can sign up for their rewards progam for coupons and what not. http://www.kgstores.com/ 
  • Options
    Check for deals at Men's Wearhouse... they commonly have a Buy One Get One sale so two guys can go in together and basically buy a suit for half price.  My H and his brother did that last year and they each got a nice new 3-piece suit for under $200. But, yes also check department stores because they will carry some nice options as well.  

Anniversary
  • Options
    I have a related question.....my groom has his heart set on a grey tux, which I love. Does his best man also have to wear grey! No other groomsmen.
  • Options

scrcrwtfj said:
    I have a related question.....my groom has his heart set on a grey tux, which I love. Does his best man also have to wear grey! No other groomsmen.
    Tuxedos should be black.  Period!  If you are talking about that Vera Wang thing, it really isn't a tuxedo.  Tuxedos have satin lapels and a satin stripe down the sides of the trousers.  A grey suit will give you the same effect.
    If the groom wears a tuxedo, then the other groomsmen must also wear tuxedos.  If the groom wears a suit, then the other men wear one also.  They do not need to be the same color.
    Tuxedos are properly worn only after 6:00 PM.  If you having a daytime wedding, your FI can wear a grey cutaway (morning coat) with striped trousers.
    httpiimgurcomTCCjW0wjpg
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards