Destination Weddings Discussions
Options

What did/are you doing for your first dance

Well as many of you DW brides know choosing the DW route there are alot of traditional things we will be missing out on. However, My first dance is one I cant not miss. Our reception is semi- Private so we wont have the option to do speeches and dances. Our ceremony starts at 2:00pm. I would also love some ideas to restrain the enormous gap because Dinner starts at 6:00pm. I was thinking after we say I Do and Sign our papers we then go into our first dance. What have you guys done? Have you tried going into first dance after ceremony

Re: What did/are you doing for your first dance

• Options
    I haven't done it personally, but I do know  going into the first dance right after the ceremony is practiced more frequently now. I think it is a cute idea. I wanted to do it, but dh wasn't on board. 

I would ask you resort what activities are available during the gap. Maybe there's a dance class you can all take and pass out a drink to everyone?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options

@TerriHugg You are an angel....I feel more comfortable going right into the dance now...I was trying to wait closer to wedding to see what activites are availible or just prob going to one of the bars there.....Ill be doing my wedding timeline late this week I would love if you checked it out ill be sure to mention you

• Options
    I'm doing a private dinner/reception/party so I am planning on doing it just after dinner and then getting everyone on the dance floor!
  • Options
    Since our Aruba wedding will just be us 2. We have 1hr video with live streaming so we are trying to get in as much as possible in that hour lol. After the ceremony and document signing we will do our toast then our dance then cut our large red velvet cupcake on the beach. Do the dance right after......even though it's just us I still wanted some traditional elements captured!
  • Options

@divadancer11 that is my timeline as well cake dance and then toast im at about 13 guests right now

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards