Favors

Fans

I'm getting married at the beach. Although the area will be tented, I'm planning on putting fans on each seat. Can these fans be considered favors?
I'm also going to be using sea urchins for the place card holders that the guests can take with them and use them for photo holders, if they want. Are these ok, or should I rethink my plans?

Re: Fans

• Would you be excited about receiving a fan or a shell as a gift?

Favors are small gifts/tokens for your guests as an extra thank you for attending your wedding. Typically the most popular favor is something that is edible or drinkable.

Also, favors aren't necessary so if you don't want to do them then you don't have to.

• Well, noooo ;)
    The fans were an idea really more for comfort than anything. Our ceremony is at the beach at the end of May in Florida. Even though it will be on a deck that is tented, and almost certainly will have the breeze from the water, I want my guests to be as comfortable for those 30 minutes as I can. Should I scrap the fans altogether?
    We're doing an Italian dessert bar at the reception. I was going to have some type of boxes so those who want to take them to go will be able to.
    The painted shells was just the best I could come up with to hold the place cards and designate for the wait staff which guest rsvp'd for which meal. Admittedly, I can see them being left behind.
  • No I don't think you should scrap the fans, I just don't think they should be considered the favors.

Just don't worry about having set favors.  Keep going with what you have planned but just scratch the whole favor thing.  One less thing to worry about!

• Thank you, Maggie!
    I appreciate your input. Although I guess Tamdan didn't like what either of us had to say, and deleted her help me win my dress post!
  • Thank you, Maggie!
    I appreciate your input. Although I guess Tamdan didn't like what either of us had to say, and deleted her help me win my dress post!
    LOL!  Either that or KP got around to deleting it.

• I agree the fans are a good idea but not for a favor.
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • I'm in Florida and had a large basket of fans for those who wanted them; they appeared to be a hit. 

However, I don't know if you're aware, but real sea urchin shells are VERY fragile.  If you've got to transport them, most will likely break in transit, etc.  You might consider choosing a different shell type.  
  • FLDiver said:
    I'm in Florida and had a large basket of fans for those who wanted them; they appeared to be a hit. 

However, I don't know if you're aware, but real sea urchin shells are VERY fragile.  If you've got to transport them, most will likely break in transit, etc.  You might consider choosing a different shell type.  
    The ones I was looking at are actually resin, but thank you :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards