Ohio-Columbus
Options

Looking for wedding makeup

I'm getting married 9/13/2014.  One of my bridesmaids is a a hair stylist and has been doing my hair for years and will be doing my hair.  However, I need someone to do my makeup.  We're on a budget so I cannot afford to pay for my bridesmaids to get their makeup done (and I honestly think that's a bit silly anyway).  Unfortunately, I cannot find anyone who will do my bridal makeup during "prime season" who will just come do mine.  They all have 4-6 person minimums.  I'd prefer not to leave everyone behind, go out and get my makeup done, and come back... I'd really like someone to come to me. Anyone know of someone who does a great job at bridal makeup and doesn't have a person minimum? 

Re: Looking for wedding makeup

• Options
    Ask you vendors for recs. I struggled with this, but for different reasons - I didn't have a bridal party. Check for people at Salon Lofts, they are independent and might be willing to come to you since they work for themselves and pay booth rental.

Did you check with Shannon Goode? That's who I wish I could have gotten.
    :kiss: ~xoxo~ :kiss:

• Options
    http://www.virtuevegansalon.com/weddings-events/

This is my regular salon and I was the only one that had make up done the day of the wedding, although we did have 3 others having hair done that day. I think they just recently started sending people out to weddings. I have no idea if they have a minimum, but I think there may just be one or two there doing the make up for weddings. They use Mukha cosmetics and it certainly isn't cheap, but it was really nice quality. I don't wear heavy make up and it was very comfortable and light the whole night.
  • Options
    I emailed the salon to inquire about on-site makeup for just me.  Thanks for the suggestion.  I looked up Shannon Goode and she only does hair.  One of my bridesmaids is a hair stylist at Charles Penzone and she'll be doing my hair :)
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    Doh, that's right. I didn't have my heart set on makeup, just went with a girl the hair stylist knew and would come too the salon. She was a salon lofts person,hence that idea :)

• Options
    Tami Krebs
  • Options
    If your friend/bridesmaid works at Charles Penzone - she probably knows someone who could do your bridal make up.

• Options
    Magic's In The Makeup is who I used and it was only me and my sister I law, my other bridesmaids did their own. She did a fantastic job.
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    You can't post as vendor here

Hi There! I'm actually a MaryKay Independent Beauty Consultant and I have done bridal makeup several times. I can easily do just you or anyone in the bridal party who would like theres to be done! I offer a cheap rates and even packages if you are wanting to purchase your bridal look! Let me know if your interested!  

• Options
    I e-mailed Magic's In the Makeup.  I sent my deposit and contract in about 2 weeks ago to an individual recommended here and highly recommended as a vendor but she has not  cashed the check and has not responded to any of my emails for over a week now..... :-/ Worried! 
  • Options
    I think it took her a while to cash my check as well. I did not have much email correspondence so I do jot remember how long it took for her to respond. Try sending another message. I had only one vendor with a quick turn around time with cashing checks. A co -worker referred her to me and she did not have any problems either. Hopefully this is just an over sight on her part.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards