Chit Chat

Bridal shower question.

What kind of food/drink do you like to have at an august afternoon bridal shower?

Re: Bridal shower question.

• I've never been to a bridal shower. But I think finger foods would be nice. It'll be hot, so some sandwiches or dips would be yummy.
  • Coffee, tea, and sweets (cookies, cheesecake, pies, petite-fours, etc.) would be nice.
  • Depending on the exact start time I would do:
    -fresh fruit tray and/or veggie tray
    -small sandwhiches (chicken salad, ham salad, cheese or something)
    -chips & dip
    -dessert of some sort

For drinks I would do a punch, water and maybe a wine or soft drink.
    photo composite_14153800476219.jpg
  • I agree with PPs.  I had an afternoon bridal shower in June and one of BMs made sangria.  That was a huge hit!
  • Mojitos.

If you're unsure of what to do for food, think of a theme (obviously it don't have to be overdone) and base your food on that.  i.e., if you're having a tea party theme, fancy teas, tea cakes, light cookies, little sandwiches, will be perfect.  On the other hand, if you're having a tea party theme, BBQ (although delicious) might not quite fit, even though it would fit with the weather, KWIM?

I decided to loosely do "A Prarie Home Companion" theme for my sister's shower.  I kind of went with comfort foods based on that.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • fruits, veggies, some dips

fruit punch, iced tea, lemonaide (sangria if you are having alcohol)

some cold pasta salad type dishes, sandwiches

definitely some kind of desserts

Anniversary

• Sweet ice tea, fruit tray, fresh lemonade, finger / tea sandwiches, light desserts, and if you are doing drinks maybe a pitcher of pomegranate margaritas.
  • Cake.
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • AddieL73 said:
    Cake.
    I am sensing a theme here :) You like cake, don't you?
  • edited February 2014
    My daughter had a buffet luncheon in August.  Garden salad, Chicken Parm, baked salmon, gluten free pasta primavera, grilled veggies, Rolls, Ice cream sundae bar, and lots of sangria. 

I like AprilH81 s menu. If you add potato salad and sangria to that, I'd be in heaven.

• My friend had her shower in August and we had beer, soda, water, BBQ, Italian trays (stuffed shells, eggplant parm, chicken cutlets) and Puerto Rican dishes (arroz con gandules, empanadas, ham). The MOH did a cupcake display in the shape of a wedding dress.

They did NOT have sangria and that made me sad.

Wedding Countdown Ticker

image 59 Invited
    image 36 Yes
    image 2 No
    image 21 Unknown
  • Throw some wine/sangria, a salad and dessert at me and I'm a happy girl. 
  • I threw a summer shower the other year with a greek food theme.  Spanakopita apps from Costco; pita bread and hummus; make your own greek salad bar with previously grilled (cold) chicken and lots of veggies so they could also be dipped in hummus; cupcakes, baklava and cookies.  Most everything was cold so it was easy.  The spanakopita needed to go in the oven and took like 40 minutes to bake.  They were a bit of a pain but people loved them.

It was all designed as a reason to eat baklava, yum!

• I see someone mentioned sweet tea.  Makes me think of Chick-fil-a.  Their catering would be great for a shower.
  • I don't think anyone mentioned it, but my sister's shower was in August and I made a tomato and fresh mozzarella salad, with some basil on it and balsamic vinegar on the side.  It was a huge hit and everyone seemed to be crazy excited to see it there!  It 100% went too!
  • I don't think anyone mentioned it, but my sister's shower was in August and I made a tomato and fresh mozzarella salad, with some basil on it and balsamic vinegar on the side.  It was a huge hit and everyone seemed to be crazy excited to see it there!  It 100% went too!
    I love capresse salads.

OP I would do different sandwiches and salads and a fruit tray as well as sweet tea, lemonade, and sangria.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I just have to say, lemonade and sweet tea are fantastic mixers for vodka.
  • sarahufl said:
    AddieL73 said:
    Cake.
    I am sensing a theme here :) You like cake, don't you?

You must be new. :)
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • Thank you for all the wonderful ideas.  Sounds like the most popular idea is Sangria.  Ill have to start looking for the perfect recipe. And there will certainly be cake! 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards