Massachusetts-Boston
Options

North Shore Venues

HI all! I am hoping some of you could help me out in my venue search before it drives me crazy!! My fiance and I just got engaged on Christmas day, and although we are planning on a long engagement of 3 and a half years, we are planning on doing MUCH of the wedding DIY, so I would like to get the venue squared away sooner rather than later.  I am looking for a venue on the north shore that will allow us to use our own caterer. I'm pretty open to suggestions, though an indoor venue would be ideal. Thank you all so much in advance!

Re: North Shore Venues

• Options
    Congrats! This link is really helpful in listing New England venues and their costs and rules about catering. Many are on the north shore but you have to go through lots of pages of older posts to see them all. Hope this helps! http://anewenglandwedding.blogspot.com/
  • Options
    If you are not getting married for 3 and a half years, I would hold off on finding a venue. I think most venues wouldn't even let you do a contract for until at least 2 years out anyway, some are probably a year or year and a half.  Obviously, look around and get pricing and stuff, but you probably won't be able to secure a venue for at least a year and a half.

• Options
    I agree that venues won't let you book that far out.  2 years maybe.  
  • Options
    Thanks. I'm aware of this, but like was suggested, I'm doing my research now, and I was looking for suggestions. My plan is not to book at this point, but to have a short list of places to see next year.
  • Options
    Here is another list of wedding venues on the north shore that I found super helpful... 

Some of these venues do their own food and some allow outside caterers, but I actually found it is pretty common around here for venues to only let you choose from their like 3-5 preferred caterers.  Going this route doesn't end up saving you much money over a venue that does in-house catering.

Even though you probably can't book your venue quite yet, it never hurts to start researching early.  I wanted to explore every possible option, and it took a full 6 months for us to choose our venue, lol!  Good thing we had a two-year engagement!
  • Options
    We got married at Cruiseport Gloucester.  I couldn't recommend it more.  It was reasonably priced and everything was taken care of for me.
  • Options
    I was in the bridal party at a Tewksbury country club wedding. They did a great job. Staff and food were excellent!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards