California-Bay Area
Options

Yosemite Wedding

Hi everyone!

Has anyone had a wedding or been to a wedding in Yosemite?  We are thinking of having our ceremony and reception at the Ahwahnee Hotel.  Any advice would be helpful and appreciated! Thank you! :)

Re: Yosemite Wedding

• Options
    I have been to a wedding in Yosemite. The ceremony was at the chapel and the reception was at the Yosemite Lodge. Those will be more affordable (and probably just as beautiful) than the Ahwahnee but if you can afford the Ahwahnee that would be an AMAZING wedding (although I am a fan of the ceremony being at the chapel)! A couple of tips: You will need to send out your save the dates over a year in advance with information on booking hotels (which can be booked exactly one year out) and campsites (which can be booked 4 months out on the 15th of the month at 7am PST). The first thing you need to do is pick an available date and get yourself organized. When looking for vendors think about looking at vendors as far away as Sacramento or LA. Many vendors may end up being cheaper even with a travel fee.
  • Options
    The Ahwahnee is beautiful! FI went to a wedding in Yosemite before we met. I know the ceremony was in the park (not sure where), and the reception was at the Evergreen Lodge. I've been to the Evergreen Lodge once and was really impressed. It's not far outside the west entrance of Yosemite on Hwy 120.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Thanks ladies!

Fleur- I saw the Evergreen Lodge when I was doing internet research and it looked so nice! I'm glad you liked it! :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards