Wedding 911

Rehearsal dinner in a parking lot????

I am having an outdoor ceremony on a gorgeous property just outside a state park. Tgere is a gorgeous amish built barn/lodge where we will be doing a county couture themed bbq wedding.

My future mother in law is a wonderful country woman. We recently went to bob evans to meet with my parents before visiting what was our potential wedding location. It was her first time at bob evans in 14years...

Needless to say... She initially decided she was going to make homemade pizza for the rehearsal dinner (expecting 35-50ppl). When we were told by the owner it would cost us an extra $500 to have our dinner there and that the owners required it to be a catered dinner... I felt relieved.

She was considering an amish restaurant in the area (family style food, no alcohol). However, she has changed her mind and has axtually recruited help to cook in a nearby cabin (table space for 8 people). There is only one oven. It is on a hillside and there is no grass space nearby... Only the gravel parking lot for the lodge.

What do i do? I imagined a nice dinner at the nearby state park lodge restaurant... And we will be in the parking lot in lawn chairs waoting for the fresh grilled meat... And the wedding is already bbq (although done much classier).

I've been told my fiance should handle this. We are talking about the same fiance who was ok woth his sister inviting herself to stay in our cabin over vday weekend! He has yet to stand up for us as a couple.

Frustrated. First premarital counseling tomorrow and i can't sleep. I love him dearly. I feel selfish for wanting a nice dinner. But a gravel parking lot is rather hill billy... Whether he will admit it or not. Tempted to plan my own dinner... Lol. What do i do?

Re: Rehearsal dinner in a parking lot????

• You definitely need to get on the same page. If he won't stand up for wedding things, will he ever stand up for you in your marriage? You need to tell him you are uncomfortable with and feel dinner in a parking lot is inappropriate. Where will people even sit?!
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • Also, you need to change your username to something that is not your email address.
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • Ditto Addie on everything, and I'd like to add that, if your fiance has yet to stand up for you as a couple, you have substantially bigger issues than where the RD is held. If he doesn't have enough of a spine to stand up for you before you're married, getting married won't change things -- and that's something that should worry you.

OP said:
    I am having an outdoor ceremony on a gorgeous property just outside a state park. Tgere is a gorgeous amish built barn/lodge where we will be doing a county couture themed bbq wedding. My future mother in law is a wonderful country woman. We recently went to bob evans to meet with my parents before visiting what was our potential wedding location. It was her first time at bob evans in 14years... Needless to say... She initially decided she was going to make homemade pizza for the rehearsal dinner (expecting 35-50ppl). When we were told by the owner it would cost us an extra $500 to have our dinner there and that the owners required it to be a catered dinner... I felt relieved. She was considering an amish restaurant in the area (family style food, no alcohol). However, she has changed her mind and has axtually recruited help to cook in a nearby cabin (table space for 8 people). There is only one oven. It is on a hillside and there is no grass space nearby... Only the gravel parking lot for the lodge. What do i do? I imagined a nice dinner at the nearby state park lodge restaurant... And we will be in the parking lot in lawn chairs waoting for the fresh grilled meat... And the wedding is already bbq (although done much classier). I've been told my fiance should handle this. We are talking about the same fiance who was ok woth his sister inviting herself to stay in our cabin over vday weekend! He has yet to stand up for us as a couple. Frustrated. First premarital counseling tomorrow and i can't sleep. I love him dearly. I feel selfish for wanting a nice dinner. But a gravel parking lot is rather hill billy... Whether he will admit it or not. Tempted to plan my own dinner... Lol. What do i do?

Anniversary

I'm gonna go with 'not my circus, not my monkeys.'
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards