Wedding Invitations & Paper

Bridal shower invite wording.

My mom is hosting my shower at a resturant. She's worried that people will assume food is not hosted and decline. She wants to put something on the invite letting guests know food is hosted. I told her that people will assume food is covered.

Who's right here? Should Mom indicate food is covered? Just drop it in casual conversation? Don't mention it at all?

Anniversary

Re: Bridal shower invite wording.

• When I am invited to a bridal shower luncheon at a restaurant, I always assume it will be hosted.  I have never questioned it nor worried about it.  

Unless your mom has been caught unaware at a restaurant shower, I would suggest she feel confident that guests will know what etiquette dictates.
  • She's worried in part cause some friends and family members have been caught unaware before.

I think everyone will assume Mom will cover, she's always been a good host.

Anniversary
  • chibiyui said:
    She's worried in part cause some friends and family members have been caught unaware before. I think everyone will assume Mom will cover, she's always been a good host.
    That's unfortunate.  I would still encourage her to let it be, especially if her reputation as a host precedes her.  If anything, a few guests may come prepared to pay and be pleasantly surprised.
  • I, too, would assume it's hosted. In fact, I'm ordering invites tomorrow for a baby shower I'm hosting at a restaurant. I'd not considered this. My MOH put on my bachelorette party invites something to the effect of, "The restaurant menu is available at (website)" in an effort to show "hey, go look at prices...because food isn't hosted!"
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards