Registry and Gift Forum

Crate & Barrel Completion Discount?

We just got back from our honeymoon last night (woohoo!!) and I had a card in the mail from Crate & Barrel with a 10% discount for remaining items on our registry.  Do they ever have special events with a higher discount?  There are only a few "must have" items that I want to make sure to get and I want to wait until I can get the maximum amount off.

I went to Macy's today and used my 20% discount along with their big Home sale.  I saved a ton of money and got the rest of my Hotel Collection place settings and Calphalon items.
photo composite_14153800476219.jpg

Re: Crate & Barrel Completion Discount?

• AprilH81 said:
    We just got back from our honeymoon last night (woohoo!!) and I had a card in the mail from Crate & Barrel with a 10% discount for remaining items on our registry.  Do they ever have special events with a higher discount?  There are only a few "must have" items that I want to make sure to get and I want to wait until I can get the maximum amount off.

I went to Macy's today and used my 20% discount along with their big Home sale.  I saved a ton of money and got the rest of my Hotel Collection place settings and Calphalon items.
    @AprilH81

Congrats on the wedding and getting back from your honeymoon.

C&B usually will have better deals about once every 6 months but talk to your C&B store because I don't think you can combine the 10% off with anything else so check when your registry expires (if you don't already know) and then see if it's worth waiting for a better deal
  • Yeah, they have 20% off sales on certain items (all bedding, all dishes, etc.) a couple times a year. But it depends on what you want. Some things very rarely go on sale (like appliances), and some will go out of stock quickly (like seasonal items).
  • I have a few placemats, napkins and chargers that I want to make sure I get before the stock rotates and I was hoping to find a 20% completion discount before that happens.  

I think their stainless steel chargers have been around awhile so I'm not too concerned, but I would like to save as much money as possible.  :)
  • I don't think you're going to find a 20% completion discount at C&B. 10% is huge for them since a lot of their stuff rarely goes on sale.  I can't remember if you can combine the completion discount coupon with stuff that's already on sale.
  • I don't think you're going to find a 20% completion discount at C&B. 10% is huge for them since a lot of their stuff rarely goes on sale.  I can't remember if you can combine the completion discount coupon with stuff that's already on sale.
    You can combine them.  :)

My MIL sent me a gift card for my birthday and I used it to order a set of four stainless steel charger plates that were on sale (granted they always seem to be on sale...)  The 10% discount worked.
  • Have you had any trouble using the completion discount on already-on-sale items, or does the completion discount work on those too? Just curious, as some of our must-need items are already discounted.
  • @abaron3

I was able to use the discount on sale items (charger plates) so you shoul be okay.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards