Wedding Invitations & Paper
Options

I just sealed all my invites and realized I didn't include...

directions or a map. 

Is this a really big problem?

Re: I just sealed all my invites and realized I didn't include...

• Options
    Well, that kind of depends. Is your ceremony/reception at the same venue? Will people have to travel between the two? How are are they to find? How tech-savvy are your guests? Are there a lot of OOT guests?

Ask yourself those questions and then you'll have an answer.
    Anniversary

I'm gonna go with 'not my circus, not my monkeys.'
  • Options
    Maggie0829Maggie0829 member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    edited February 2014
    Unless your venue location is in some obscure location that doesn't show up on mapquest or a GPS then you should be fine.

ETA: Hopefully you included the address.

• Options
    I think including the directions and maps is a little outdated.  I'm sure most of your guests will be able to use google maps or a gps.  Do you have a website?  Can you add a page for directions/maps? 
  • Options
    I didn't include those, either. When people travel, they look up, use a map, or use GPS for how to get there, right? Why should this be any different?
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • Options
    Maps and directions are not necessary if you included an address on your invitations.  We distributed maps and directions to the reception at  the ceremony site.
    httpiimgurcomTCCjW0wjpg
  • Options
    I'm not planning on including a map or directions in the invitation. We have this info on our website.

• Options
    I only included a map because our venue was a private home and I didn't put the exact address on the invitations. You're probably fine.
  • Options
    its all in the same place... and its right off a main road.
  • Options
    KD+AR said:

its all in the same place... and its right off a main road.

Then you are good. Don't stress.

• Options
    aRachel21 said:
    I think including the directions and maps is a little outdated.  I'm sure most of your guests will be able to use google maps or a gps.  Do you have a website?  Can you add a page for directions/maps? 
    I agree, I always find it a little funny when these are included (unless like a PP said, there is an obscure location to find).

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Real old school people can always pull out a paper map like my mom.  
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards