Attire & Accessories Forum

Need opinions on jewelry.

I'm going to wear emerald jewelry with my dress. I've had such a hard time finding exactly what I want. I finally found this online over the weekend. It's so hard to decide without seeing it in person. And of course the necklace is at one Nordstrom's in Jersey and the earrings are at another Nordstrom's in the complete opposite direction. 
So here's the necklace:

And the earrings

And I attached a picture of me in my dress. 

Re: Need opinions on jewelry.

• I love the necklace!  The earrings I would be worried might be heavy for the whole night, it's hard to tell how large they really are since it's just a picture.

Anniversary
  • Oh, here's a pic of the earrings on a head...lol. 

I'm super sensitive to heavy earrings too. 
  • Honestly, I don't really like them.  The chain on the necklace looks odd for some reason and the earrings are a bit big. 
  • I pretty much never wear matching necklace and jewelry. It just seems like so much going on so close together. I usually pick one or the other. I'd do a simple necklace and the earrings or just the necklace and maybe some small studs (I prefer statement necklaces to earrings, more comfortable).
  • The earrings look HUGE in the picture with the head.  Personally, I prefer simpler earrings.

It's hard to tell in the picture, but it kind of looks like the metal in the necklace is a wierd dark grey color.  For wedding jewelry, I'd peronsally stick to a more traditional metal tone like silver/white gold.
  • I think you need to pick one or the other since the earrings are so big.

Personally I don't like the chain on the neckalce either so if your ears can stand wearing the earrings I would go that route.

photo composite_14153800476219.jpg
  • I agree the earrings are a bit large. I would probably just go with the necklace.
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • Thanks everyone! I appreciate the feedback. 
  • missnc77missnc77 member
    First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited February 2014
    I think when it comes to a wedding dress, less is more. And because your dress has those two sparkle detail pieces, I actually would stay away from a chunky necklace. If you really want one, go dainty, but let your dress do the talking. It already has jewelry on it. :)

As far as the earrings, I think the picture makes them look much longer than they actually are, but a 2.5 inch drop is pretty long. What you can always do is go to the store and try on a 2.5 inch drop in any earring and see what you think. Measure from the either the top of the earring or the top of the hook to the bottom. Nordstrom also has an amazing return policy, so you can always just buy them and take them back if you don't like them - they don't have a time limit on returns.

PS - I found them on nordstrom online to see what their drop length is. I'm good, but not that good.
  • Here are some pictures for reference. I took a 2.5 inch drop pic and then a quarter picture so you can have some sort of reference. The white earrings are a 1.75 inch drop.

• missnc77 said:
    Here are some pictures for reference. I took a 2.5 inch drop pic and then a quarter picture so you can have some sort of reference. The white earrings are a 1.75 inch drop.

Thank you! 
  • I love the earrings, actually, but am not as big a fan of the necklace. It could be my totally earring envy talking, though, as I can't wear earrings. Also, green is my favorite color.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards