New Jersey
Options

Northern/central NJ venue prices

Hello! I have been to a total of 6 venues, including: The Manor, The Venetian, The Stonehouse, The Brownstone, The Madison Hotel and Mccloones Pier house.  I fell in love with the venetian, but we could not afford to have a wedding there unless it was during the offseason - and Jan/Feb 2015 is completely booked already!  I was wondering if anyone has recently been to or had a wedding at Crystal Plaza, Addison Park or The Palace at Somerset Park?  We are looking to do a spring wedding next year on a Friday evening for (give or take) 125 guests.  Our budget is 125pp before tax/tip.  Also, does anyone have any experience with these venues? (food, atmosphere, service, flexibility?) We also do not want a reception room that will be overwhelmingly large for our (small) guest count.  Thank you in advance for your responses!

Re: Northern/central NJ venue prices

• Options
    You should check out Primavera Regency in Stirling.  I am having a November 2015 wedding there and we are paying $120PP on a Saturday night with 125 adults guaranteed.  If you are guaranteeing more then that the price will be lower.

The food is amazing and they only have 1 wedding per night which was very important for me.
  • Options
    We were going to book our wedding at The Madison Hotel but saw a lot of flaws (for us).  The price was good about $125pp for a sunday in june in their conservatory room (Holds a max of 140 people).  The space is gorgeous and is certainly their main reception space.  Unfortunately they were not very flexible and the food really was just not that good.  We ate in both the restaurant and went to a bridal show in January where we tasted the food.  It was not terrible but honestly the food was very bland, some were undercooked and some overcooked.  We tried everything from the appetizer to the steak, chicken and turkey and were just not impressed.  Also the hotel is very old and is run down in some places.  You can tell in the conservatory when you actually walk around it needs some works as well as the adjacent cocktail hour space.  It also will get very hot in there for an in season wedding so I would be careful.  They staff is very nice but they are not flexible and we heard a lot of "no's" to our requests.  We did not end up booking here

McCloones pier house in Long branch was about $160pp when i inquired for a june wedding.  it is gorgeous but the price is steep.  Other than that I did not inquire further as it is over my budget.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    @jennkurtz - Thank you! I will definitely look into them. That is an unbeatable price. @MaidofToy - I was able to move my appointment with The Palace to today. They quoted a Friday evening guaranteed 135-140 guest minimum at $125pp in march and $135pp in April, August, and nov/dec in the West (smaller) ballroom. We may go with march to save money. @diannammobilio - Thank you for your post! I have heard mixed reviews about their food. It's great to hear a review from someone who recently attended their bridal show. The Madison Hotel is my finances #1 choice and I'm hoping this will sway his decision. While the glass conservatory looks amazing, I agree with you that the hotel and the decor look rather outdated. They told us it holds a max of 180 people - which I thought would be a bit tight. 140 sounds more like it.
  • Options
    @hdanatzko they are really good at Primavera working with you also. I did not want the vodka bar during cocktail hour so they are giving me a chocolate fountain and a gelato sundae bar instead. Since I am not needing them to provide the cake they lowered the cost to upgrade from prime rib to filet mignon as well. They recently renovated the bridal suite (which is a very large room) as well as the ballroom. They have a pergola area and a gazebo area both with trees and gardens for pictures and like I said the food is AMAZING!!!!
    Everyone there has been super responsive and really really accommodating. I would highly recommend then.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards