New Jersey
Options

Venue prices-- spreadsheet?

JCbride2015JCbride2015 member
First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
edited February 2014 in New Jersey
If I made some kind of anonymous Google doc or something in which the NJ knotties could post quotes we got from venues and vendors, would anybody use it? I constantly see requests for pp prices for the same 10-15 top venues and it seems like it would make more sense if we could just make a spreadsheet and keep it as a sticky, instead of responding individually to each new poster who comes on wanting to know prices.
Wedding Countdown Ticker

"I'm not a rude bitch.  I'm ten rude bitches in a large coat."

Venue prices-- spreadsheet? 23 votes

Yes, I would contribute or use this.
95% 22 votes
No, I think it's not a good idea.
4% 1 vote

Re: Venue prices-- spreadsheet?

• Options
    I think it's a good idea in principle, but there's a lot of room for variation. Day of the week, time of the year, how far out you book, etc. can affect pricing a lot. Would your spreadsheet account for any of that?
    ~*~*~*~*~

• Options
    I think it's a good idea in principle, but there's a lot of room for variation. Day of the week, time of the year, how far out you book, etc. can affect pricing a lot. Would your spreadsheet account for any of that?
    Yeah, I was thinking about including those things.  So I think we would have to include the following columns: 

day of the week
    Time of day
    season/month
    how far ahead the date was booked 
    number of courses served
    number of options at cocktail hour
    buffet/plated
    type of alcohol included
    any upgrades
    a space to leave notes.

Obviously it wouldn't be perfect, but it would give people a general idea. If anybody else has ideas about what we should include, leave a comment and I'll mock something up.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

"I'm not a rude bitch.  I'm ten rude bitches in a large coat."

• Options
    MaidofToy said:
    You could do a starting price or something.  Yaknow, if the cheapest day/time of year for that place is $200 and it goes up from there, someone with a $100 pp budget would know not to bother.  
    I only have a spreadsheet with pricing for what I was looking for (Saturday evening late Fall), so I wouldn't have a starting price.  That said, @JCBride2014, I can definitely dig around to find the info I got.....it's about 2 years old though.  Perhaps you can add a "date quote received".  "Minimum people" would also be helpful.....that was a huge criteria in my search.  

In fact, my main criteria when calling venues was day of week/time of year/minimum/price.  I think number of courses served, cocktail hour options, etc can be listed but it may be better served in the comments.  I wouldn't have any clue about that because I didn't even get that far in many of my venue searches.  

I think a springboard for new brides that provides basic info to help them determine if a venue is in their budget or not is a great idea.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards