Wedding Woes
Options

Sorry, but I must vent

Murphy's law loves me!

First I had a bridesmaid drop out of my wedding for personal reasons.
Then, another bridesmaid dropped out because she is pregnant and due 2 days after the wedding (the wedding is out of state)
Now another bridesmaid found out last night that she has to go out of town for a work training the weekend of my shower/bachelorette party. 

I seriously cannot catch a break these days

Re: Sorry, but I must vent

• Options
    Oh well you are getting married!!!! Think about that! :)
  • Options
    How many bridesmaids total do you have?

• Options

It happens- work and babies wait for no one's wedding. Be happy for your friends that they are getting these life changing events/opportunities. You haven't said what the personal reasons are of the first bm, so I won't pry.

Relax and enjoy your wedding day! 

• Options
    take a breath, chill, have a glass of wine, and bask in the wonderfulness of getting married. If that doesn't help take an evil gleeful laugh at all the single ladies as you stand creepily in some shadows and make your ring glitter with a flashlight haha.
  • Options

The firstest of first world problems.

One of my friends lost her husband of 21 years yesterday to a massive heart attack, and she's only in her mid-40s. Without his income, she's going to be kicked out of their apartment, so she has to be planning his funeral -- alone, as both of their families live across the country -- while finding a new place for her and their cats to live. She's also probably going to have to stop going to college for the third time because she has to take a second job to pay the bills.

But yeah, you just can't catch a break these days.

• Options
    thejucheidea- wow, sorry for your friend. That is awful. Really puts things into perspective.
  • Options

One of my friends lost her husband of 21 years yesterday to a massive heart attack, and she's only in her mid-40s. Without his income, she's going to be kicked out of their apartment, so she has to be planning his funeral -- alone, as both of their families live across the country -- while finding a new place for her and their cats to live. She's also probably going to have to stop going to college for the third time because she has to take a second job to pay the bills.

So she can't be upset because something worse happened to someone you know? 
  • Options
    SBmini said:

So she can't be upset because something worse happened to someone you know? 

I honestly fail to see how a bridesmaid not being able to show up to a bachelorette party is an example of Murphy's law, and how a bridemaid having to drop out because of something great like having a baby leads to the OP not being able to 'catch a break'. It would be super nice to have things like that be the biggest thing eating at your mind.

We could have gone with the decapitated flower girl story if you think some anonymity would make the severe problems more acceptable.

• Options
    She was venting. Yes it's first-world problems and in the long run they're not a big deal but she was venting and that's what the boards are for. I'm sorry your friend is in a bad situation. Someone somewhere is always going to have it worse. But OP is allowed to vent without being given a guilt-trip.

-stuck in a box. Bingo! She's not over the top "whoas me the worst thing ever humanly possible just happened to me!" she's venting because right now- things aren't going as planned. We've all been there, done that, and you (or any of us) have no place to tell her that her issues aren't worthy of a vent. If you don't like what she has to say- click the back button. This isn't a problem measuring contest.
  • Options
    I agree that OP shouldn't be reamed out for venting. I'm sorry that your friend is going through that. I have close friends going through very difficult and trying situations right now, too, so I understand that it's a lot to take in and puts things in perspective. I also haven't had the easiest time lately, as some of you know. However, I'm not going to begrudge OP for getting some stress off of her chest. If its stressing her out, those are valid feelings. I support that.

• Options
    thanks for the support guys!

True, I hardly feel like the sky is falling :p 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards