June 2014 Weddings

Sending out invitations

When is everyone doing this? I was thinking beginning to mid March. My venue needs a final headcount by May 31 so our RSVP date is May 24. Also, alot of our guests are OOT but we sent out STD, so everyone is pretty aware (or should be anyway). Do you think that's a good time to mail them or is it too early? Just curious as to everyone else's situations and when you plan on sending out your invitations.

Re: Sending out invitations

• I think we're gonna be sending ours out May 1st (for June 21st)
  • I think that's a bit early. My wedding is June 7. The usual is 6-8 weeks early. We're sending ours out the first two weeks of April, RSVPs are due back May 17, which gives us plenty of time to call any stragglers before a count for the caterer on the 31st.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • That seems a bit early.  Our is June 14th we will be sending them out around april 14th with an RSVP of May 18th

Anniversary

• When is everyone doing this? I was thinking beginning to mid March. My venue needs a final headcount by May 31 so our RSVP date is May 24. Also, alot of our guests are OOT but we sent out STD, so everyone is pretty aware (or should be anyway). Do you think that's a good time to mail them or is it too early? Just curious as to everyone else's situations and when you plan on sending out your invitations.
    Your OOT guests, are they a drive away, or will they be flying most likely?  It's a bit early for those who can drive only a few hours. But for those who will need to book a flight, I think 12 weeks out is just fine.

We are sending our international invites out in March (13-14 weeks to allow for longer delivery times), the out of state (need flights) in April (10-8 weeks), and the in-town/nearer invites at the 7 week mark.
    20130121-125529.jpg 
      Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • CheleLynCheleLyn member
    5 Love Its First Comment First Anniversary Name Dropper
    edited March 2014
    I'm sending ours Sometime between April 14-20 for our June 21 wedding. The rsvp date is June 1, which is also the date my hotel will release any unused rooms in my block.. My caterer needs a headcount by June 7, so I will have a week to call anyone who can't be bothered with returning their rsvp card.

edited for clarity
    ~*~June 21, 2014~*~

• Thanks ladies :)
  • My wedding is June 21st.  I'm mailing mine out the first or 2nd week of April. My  hotel that I booked a block of rooms at is only holding until May 31st.  RSVP is May 20. Gives people about a month to RSVP and make arrangements. 
  • I'll be sending mine out mid-March because the stamp here is going up around 25 cents at the end of March. My invites are already oversized so I'd like to save that little bit of money. I don't think anyone will think it's too early, I just received one 2 weeks ago for a wedding May 31 and the RSVP deadline is March 31. Ya, you might have to call people who forget but they'd likely forget to RSVP whatever time you decided to send it.

• MollyandDMollyandD member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper
    edited March 2014
    My wedding is the 28th, and my venue needs the final head count 4 full weeks in advance. I was planning to address all my invitations and get them ready in two weeks. I teach, and I'll be on spring break. I probably won't put them in the mail until the beginning of May.
  • My wedding is the 28th, and my venue needs the final head count 4 full weeks in advance. I was planning to address all my invitations and get them ready in two weeks. I teach, and I'll be on spring break. I probably won't put them in the mail until the beginning of May.
    I have spring break too.  I know I am more excited than my students, LOL!

I just finished making all 112 invitations & I got the out-of-country ones addressed (about 30 of them), so they will be going out next week. Yay!  I didn't do fancy addressing on the envelopes, my handwriting is neat enough.  I figured a totally handmade invite was enough "special."  

I'm just keeping my fingers crossed that the wedding wire rsvp is still working just fine for the RSVPs.  We didn't have any glitches/problems during the StD process in which several rsvp'ed, so I'm hoping it will continue to go smooth for international family guests.
    20130121-125529.jpg 
      Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • We're sending ours March 28th (but it takes 3-4 days for all of ours to be there, so they'll arrive April 1st or later) and RSVP date is May 28th. I need to know head count 3 weeks in advance for our June 28th wedding. But like I said, mail takes 3-4 days so I'm waiting 5 days after RSVP deadline to get all the mail. Half of our guests are OOT closest being 2 1/2 hours to a few states away.
    Daisypath Wedding tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards