Moms and Maids
Options

PEACH dresses!!!

Hey Brides,

I'm recently engaged and I am wanting my colors to be Peach and Gray(charcoal). I haven't officially decided on these colors bc I am so picky about bridesmaid dresses that I want to make sure I find a dress in the shade I want in the price range I want before I say "that's it". Anyway, I'm having a hard time find shades of peach dresses in the $250.00 and under range. Anyone have any suggestions?! I might have to just choose gray dresses and peach flowers but the mens suits will be gray and in pictures I thought it would look best with peach dresses. Thanks ladies!

Re: PEACH dresses!!!

• Options
    edited February 2014
    SLPlummer said: Hey Brides, I'm recently engaged and I am wanting my colors to be Peach and Gray(charcoal). I haven't officially decided on these colors bc I am so picky about bridesmaid dresses that I want to make sure I find a dress in the shade I want in the price range I want before I say "that's it". Anyway, I'm having a hard time find shades of peach dresses in the $250.00 and under range. Anyone have any suggestions?! I might have to just choose gray dresses and peach flowers but the mens suits will be gray and in pictures I thought it would look best with peach dresses. Thanks ladies!

Is the price range
    you want also okay with each of your bridesmaids individually or does this mean you are purchasing the dresses?

The Alexia bridesmaid line has a Peach color, and I wore a navy dress from that line recently. But consider too that peach is not necessarily the most flattering, nor the most rewearable color for many people. Gray would be both easier to find and easier to wear. And peach-colored flowers are beautiful. I swoon for peachy-pink roses.
  • Options
    I think gray would look great on everyone while peach could potentially wash people out.

You should really ask your BMs what their price range is unless you plan on purchasing all of their gowns.

• Options
    I agree with Maggie's comment about being careful with colors. Certainly I don't know how your girls will look in peach but I have seen two situations where colors and skintones clashed: a wedding of my husband's good friend where the bridemaids were in pale green and really just looked sickly and a wedding my sister was in where the bridesmaids wore pale blue and most girls looked washed out, especially my sister who had the palest skin in the group. The peach colored flowers idea sounded nice to me. Also have you considered something like a peach sash on a grey dress, perhaps peach shoes - that might be a nice accent of color on the gray.
    Anniversary
  • Options
    i found it best to go to a few stores and actually look at the colors. sometimes looking at the color online (and even the color swatch itself) look very different than what the actual dress will look like.  I would have never picked the color I choose from an online picture or even the swatch.  I don't know where you live but if you have an Alfred Angelo or David's Bridal they tend to have a lot of variety in shades.

I agree though that gray will be more all-around friendly (and potentially wearable again), and the peach flowers would look beautiful.  As a pale girl myself some shades of peach would be hard to pull off-- would I do it for my friend, of course but I definitely would not pay $250 for a dress I would wear once.  Be sure to ask your bridesmaids what THEIR budget it; this part of planning is not about you, it is about the girls who actually have to wear & buy the dress.  So make sure you include them in the selection.

Anniversary
  • Options
    Are you paying for the BMs dresses?  Or have you just magically come up with $250 being the amount that the BMs should pay?  Because really you should ask all your BMs in private about their budget for a dress then look at dresses within the lowest price range.
    I'm going to post some pictures so you can visualize what the wedding party might look like all together depending on what colours they wear.  Grey GMs and peach BMs:
    All charcoal/grey:
  • Options
    We are having the groomsmen in gray as well, but our primary colors are lavender and a darker grape/eggplant shade. The bridesmaids will be in an empire-waist gown from Alfred Angelo but dual colors - lavender on top(bust area) and the darker eggplant on the bottom(skirt). It looks great and I think its pretty original, if you are worried about washing out skin tones you could try this to just have a pop of peach and make the rest of the fabric a grey tone to tie in with the groomsmen. It could even look good with white or black accents (ie. lace/belt/sash).
  • Options
    Peach looks bad on almost everyone. Could you do grey dresses with peach accents?

$250 for a peach dress is far too expensive, IMO.
  • Options
    I was in a wedding last summer where the BMs wore mismatched peach dresses of their own choosing. A few of the girls had good luck buying from modcloth, maybe you should check there. Word of caution: peach can be interpreted differently by different people. Some girls wore pinky peach, some wore "peach" that was closer to orange and some wore basically white.
  • Options
    LOVE that last picture with the charcoal dress, nude shoes, and peach flowers. One more vote for charcoal dresses & peach accents! 
    It'll be awesome to see your girls wearing the outfit you picked out for them to other weddings/events! Bragging rights!
  • Options
    I have been a bridesmaid/moh 9 times over the years. From one bride to another......be nice to your girls or they will mock the dress for years to come.

My SIL made my cousin, her best friend and myself all purchase peach dresses. I have red hair and very pale skin. Although the focus is and should be on the bride....I can honestly say I hated everything about that dress (and so did they other girls) and looked hideous. Normally I love wedding photos - I was grimace smiling in most of this wedding.

We still 'lovingly' call the dress 'the peach monstrosity'. 

Something to keep in mind.........
  • Options

peach and gray are our colors as well. :) we went back and forth between the "everyone choose any knee lenght peach or gray dress, any shade, any style you like" idea and the "everyone wear the same shade of peach or gray of any dress from ABC bridal store" idea. we landed on everyone liking the Mercury color at David's Bridal, which makes it easy when my 4 BMs are in 3 different states. my MOH will be the only one to wear peach, which solves the "will all those random peach dresses match" dilemma. i'm asking them to do silver or gray shoes. our GMs will wear gray pants and white shirts (very casual, no ties), similar to groom, but he will also wear a vest, i think. :)

Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards