Attire & Accessories Forum
Options

Shaping Underwear Recommendations?

I just scheduled my appointment for my dress fitting! But now I'm starting to worry I'll need a shaper because my dress is form fitting and I'd really like a nice flat look to my stomach.

Does anyone have any recommendations on a certain brand? I plan to have my cups sewen into my dress so I don't need it to have a bra attached. Thru my online searches at Kohls, VS, and Target I've seen a lot of mixed reviews saying some products roll down more than others.

Or on the other side should I just not wear one at all?

Here's me in my dress when we picked it out. I think it will have to be taken in a little, it's pulled back w/ clips in the picture.

Re: Shaping Underwear Recommendations?

• Options
    I can't see your picture. :[

I have a spanx one that has cups built into it. I really enjoy it. The only problem I have with it is that it slides down a bit in the back, so if I'm not on top of keeping it up, I get that weird side back fat hangover like when your bra is too tight.

I am not wearing anything under my dress, aside from underwear. But I think it depends on how high your gown comes up in the back.

Thank you for the feedback! I was considering just wearing regular underwear to be more comfortable I just don't want to regret it in my pictures.

Sorry about the picture! It's my first time uploading one I guess I did it wrong, and it's only showing up on my screen. Hmm.  

• Options
    I bought spanx but mine doesn't have a bra its just from my thighs up to just under my chest.
  • Options
    jmb3 said:

I bought spanx but mine doesn't have a bra its just from my thighs up to just under my chest.

This. It is what I was thinking of for you. Get the body/fabric tape to tape it to you if you are worried about it falling down/sliding for any reason.

image   image   image

• Options
    I got that same dress! I am really excited :)

I actually got it because I felt like it didn't need much shapewear underneath it to still look good. When I tried it on, I was wearing nude panties and just a regular bra and felt good about it. Granted, I still need alterations, but I was pretty happy that I felt it didn't need much underneath.

Florida in the summer makes me want to keep my undergarments very simple.
  • Options
    I'm going to keep an eye on this thread because I just bought a dress very similar to yours and I was wondering about shapewear earlier today too. I'm going to have bra cups sewn in as well so I would only need something for my midsection.
  • Options
    I love my spanx (or asset---the target brand), wear them frequently.  Can't compare to the VS brand though.  I think you look great in your picture already, but if you think you would feel more comfortable with support then go for it. 
  • Options
    OP- let us know what you decide! I am selfishly interested because I have that dress!!!
  • Options

Thanks everyone for your feedback! :)

@sarahufl- It's definitely a light dress for a FL wedding and I think I'd be OK without shapewear. I'd definitely recommend keeping it light! I went to my sisters wedding in Aug in FL and I was dying in a sun dress!

@sugargirl1019- That's a good idea to use tape to keep it up, maybe I'll try that!

I think I'm going to buy shapewear and at least try on the dress with it before my fitting so I can see which looks the best. Thanks for the recommendations! Target and VS were my top choices, so I guess I'll just pick between the two :)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards